If the post-movie series does well...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

...what'll happen next?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. ...what'll happen next?

• A follow-up TF series/toyline that's back in the hands of American writers/toymakers
    • MORE ANIMEFORMERS! JOY!
    • The revival of TransTech
    • Another G1 rebirth line/show
    • FIND THE MINICONS...AGAIN

I'm hoping for TransTech or TFs going back to being handled by Americans...but who am I kidding, unless Takara's iron grip over TFs is finally slipping (no BTs for months, cancellation of GF/other toy lines over there), I think we're stuck with Animeformers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hoping for TransTech or TFs going back to being handled by Americans...but who am I kidding, unless Takara's iron grip over TFs is finally slipping (no BTs for months, cancellation of GF/other toy lines over there), I think we're stuck with Animeformers

Takara's gonna start taking a break from Tfs pretty soon... just as soon as everything currently schedualed ot be released is released.

edit: they didn't really elaborate on what they meant by break... i'm guessing it'll be like the G2 to early BW era where they just repainted the toys...

Honestly, I'm over Transtech. It won't happen. Hasbro had an idea, and they decided to go in a different direcion. Oppertunity over, let's move on.

As for post-movie series, what exactly do you mean? The term itself simply means the series after the movie. That series itself will probably set the tone for TF for a couple of years. What I want in that series is a show that does not underestimate its audience, and offers sophisticated storylines. I don't expect a Hamlet or Othello, but something more along the lines of Beast Wars and Beast Machines. I would like to see a more individualized style of fighting, more close combat, not so many guns, more in-your-face. Beast Wars'style of fighting didn't involve shoot-outs very often, but more one-on-one combat, which more accentuated the different styles of the characters.

Basically, what I want is a "War Within"-like story, where the setting is relatively limited, just Cybertron, so that you don't have all sorts of different battles on different planets or even space (I don't particularly like Space-battles), and where the technology isn't so sophisticated that everyone has guns and lasers and what-not. It could also serve as a starting-point for a new continuity, so no more baggage from that. Plus, pre-expansionalist Cybertron would mean no humans or other ad-hoc influences (no more "Let's go to a new planet-of-the-week"-episodes). The Transformers also wouldn't have to be in disguise, which would open up all sorts of inventive alt-modes. Plus, you can explore the culture and society of the Transformers. Especially if you limit the fighting to the borders, with the central capitals of both the Autobots and the Decepticons isolated from the fighting. THat way, you could also introduce a sub-plot involving politics, and have civilians criticizing the war without knowing how it actually is, to be in a war. Such a series would also have a life-span of more than one season, so not every year a new kind of series.

That is the kind of show I would like to see. And that's the kind of show that would earn Transformers a new Emmy.

that's also a TF series that would bore the hell out of most kids.

hell, the only reasn I watched BM at the age of 11 is because it was transformers. it's not really a kids show, so much as an all ages show that skews towards adults, kind of like JLU.

yeah, Transtech's moment has come and gone.... I think at this point any post-movie series would most likely spring off of the movie, in a general sense (the way Batman TAS did). So I'd expect a new continuity involving some or most of the characters who end up getting used in the movie.....? I dunno, either way I'm sure Hasbro would love to go back to producing a quality show if the market will support it.

Hell, all they got to do is copy Danny Phantom or Avatar: The Last Airbender, add and expanded cast, and then BOOM: You have a decent series.

for the record, I liked Energon, but cannot stand Cybertron. Armada just bored me as it was mostly kiddie crap. the storyline arc involving starscream was interesting, and makes me tihnk the reason he becomes a lacky in Energon is because they knew how ironic it'd be....

Hell, all they got to do is copy Danny Phantom or Avatar: The Last Airbender, add and expanded cast, and then BOOM: You have a decent series.

Nickelodeon knows their sh*t when it comes to quality kids' programming. One of the cool things I've noticed about cartoons nowadays is the way they've embraced many many different design aesthetics, from "realistic" to highly stylized. That should create some interesting possibilities for a potential TF cartoon.

Nickelodeon knows their sh*t when it comes to quality kids' programming. One of the cool things I've noticed about cartoons nowadays is the way they've embraced many many different design aesthetics, from "realistic" to highly stylized. That should create some interesting possibilities for a potential TF cartoon.

*Has been a Nick fanboy since I was a small child.*

maaaaannnnnnnn, their current awesomeness came at one hell of a price though. from 1998 or 1999 to 2003, they outright sucked aside from Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents and reruns of old stuff.

Archived