If it hadn't been Bay...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think of the Chinese (not hong kong) equivilent to Spielberg.  Feel good actiony films.

and yes LMH - Altman was a joke.

but i thought most of this thread was a joke anyway. so i am having fun with it.

EDIT:

IMDB'D

Hark Tsui

Name is pronounced "Choy Hock"

Studied film at the University of Texas at Austin.

He was the 4th Chinese film director (after Chen Kaige, Jiang Wen and Edward Yang) to join the board of judges for the 57th Cannes Film Festival in 2004. Another Chinese film director joined the board of judges after him in the 58th Cannes Film Festival in 2005. That director is John Woo, a person with whom he had fallen out during production of The Killer.

Was originally attached to the live-action adaptations of Lupin the Third, Tetsujin 28 (Gigantor), and Initial D, but has since vacated those projects.

Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2004

The director with the 2nd nos. of movies (5, all directed between 1979 to 1991) selected among the Best 100 Chinese Motion Pictures by Hong Kong Film Awards in celebration of 100 years of movies, after Kar Wai Wong (6).

Born in Vietnam, moved to Hong Kong at the age of fourteen

He worked on American TV projects in New York from 1975-1977

Ridley Scott

:pfx

Anybody but Tony Scott. Right now I absolutely Powerglideing hate Tony Scott.  :tdown

He over directs everything beyond comprehension.  :wtf

Alex Pryas would make for an interesting movie.

Ridley Scott

:pfx

Anybody but Tony Scott. Right now I absolutely Powerglideing hate Tony Scott.  :tdown

He over directs everything beyond comprehension.  :wtf

Alex Pryas would make for an interesting movie.

I don't think he overdirected Man on fire....

Archived