Hardtop repaint should have been...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

...Beachcomber. Seriously. Not only is it a dune buggy, and the Scout class is the right size since the original was a Minibot, but having a Decepticon for the mold twice is kinda silly. Plus Swindle isn't a buggy, he's a Jeep. They'd just have to slightly remold the head and it'd be a perfect homage. Sigh...

I've always thought that....

And the head isn't even that far off from 'Comber. Paint it blue w/the silver visor and there you have it. Seeing as there's still plenty of time left in the Cybertron line, I could still see it happening. You can never have enough scouts.

IMO, hasbro either purposfully misses some great chances for homages or thier design team knows next to nothing about transformer characters

or they're just trying to get away from doing the same old stuff over and over again :redclethes

And if it had been Beachcomber people would be talking about "Why isn't it Swindle?".... "Beachcomber's a hippie pacifisit, he shouldn't have a huge Sniper rifle!"... "Why make another Autobot repaint, the Decepticons are too outnumbered!" ... "Hey, that grass over there is greener!"

Probably the real reason is Hasbro feels a need to balance colors, there already were a few blue basics, but not too many yellow ones.

IMO, hasbro either purposfully misses some great chances for homages or thier design team knows next to nothing about transformer characters

or they're just trying to get away from doing the same old stuff over and over again :redclethes

I think the design team knows exactly what they are doing. The homages in so many bots is proof of that. Now when it comes to marketing and story editors, that's a different story.

What I mean is, look at C-Snarl. When he was created it's obvious that the designer had the Idea to give him different homages to Silverbolt/Jetstorm. But if you watch him on the show or read his bio, you'd never know there's any connection. Then Characters like E-WingSaber. if you arent a fan of Japan only toys you wouldn't know who he was supposed to be. So, I would blame the design team. Hasbro has to do it on purpose.

Archived