Question about TF:TM

axis_of_eagle

I understand that this was a Hasbro concept to get "rid of the old toys", and introduce the new line of Transformers. However, what is the fan explanation for why all of a sudden a single laser blast would kill a Transformer, when in the series it might have knocked them back or slightly wounded them.

My theory is that it has something to do with their energy level. Whereas during the series energon was hard to come by, therefore the TFers weapons were lower on energy and less "effective" (I'm citing the episode "A Decepticon in King Arthur's Court" for example).

Since TF:TM is set in the future and the Decepticons have managed to take over Cybertron, it's only fair to assume that one of Megatron's schemes has finally succeeded and he has acquired enough energon to power up his troops and weapons. Therefore making their weapons much more powerful.

What's your guys thoughts?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a sound theory. But I don't like talking about this subject, what with the recurring nightmares and all. Oh, the pain in Prowls face when he dies :tfsad

That's the same theory I've always had. The movie was about the only time the Decepticons had enough energy to fight at full power. (Besides Galvatron. He never seemed to weaken; he just never shot any Autobots with his cannon mode, probably because he was too insane to think of it.)

actually, who said they died in that scene? Perhaps they just got knocked out in the ship and went into "stasis lock". Perhaps the moment they died was when Hotrod blasted and shot down the ship. Hey, it was practically his fault Optimus died so why not the rest of his autobot comrades? Just a thought.

My theory is that it has something to do with their energy level. Whereas during the series energon was hard to come by, therefore the TFers weapons were lower on energy and less "effective" (I'm citing the episode "A Decepticon in King Arthur's Court" for example).

Since TF:TM is set in the future and the Decepticons have managed to take over Cybertron, it's only fair to assume that one of Megatron's schemes has finally succeeded and he has acquired enough energon to power up his troops and weapons. Therefore making their weapons much more powerful.

That is the most level headed way to think about it, the only thing that I had different in my theory was that it wasn't just that the Decepticons were able to restore themselves to full power but also that the Autobots (particularly the ones on that doomed shuttle) were extremely low on energon, therefore weakening them. As for the Decepticons power, 20 years had passed, they had retaken Cybertron and were at full power and had weapons upgrades that the Autobots didn't know about, therefore giving them the complete advantage.

actually, who said they died in that scene? Perhaps they just got knocked out in the ship and went into "stasis lock". Perhaps the moment they died was when Hotrod blasted and shot down the ship.

Oh, they died. Their sparks were extinguished and they joined the Matrix. And, like you said, their bodies were atomized when the shuttle exploded courtesy of our pal Hot Rod.

Does anyone know if Huffer dies in the movie as well? A glimpse of him is seen with the small group of Autobots with Kup before the battle begins, and then he is never heard of again until the episode with the tomb ship("Dark Awakening" I think). His is one of the names listed, but to my knowledge we never see him go down.

Archived