Hasbro Primus Extra Unveiled.

tentagil

I'm going to plunk down a hundred for a toy that'd cost me fifty at my new Wal-Mart which is like five minutes from where I live...and all I have to do is wait a few months. Besides, I plan to get reissue Laser Prime, so that'll knock fifty bucks away right there...June/July will give me time to recover in the money department...there is nothing negative to waiting...he'll warm shelves for months to come so I can get it whenever I want...

Win win win.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet that the rest of Unicron comes with the rest of the Primuses :tflaugh

If anyone wants the jap primus just for the box art, just get a pic from Remy and print it. teh win-win situation.

BUT IT'S TEH GEEWUNZ!!!11!112!11randomnumbers

IT'S OLDSKOOL!!! SO KOOL!

More like ghey

I hate the Takara packaging. But that's a moot point, I'd throw a package away even if it was lined with 24K gold. I just want the toy. People want the Japanese one due to a combination of impatience and liking the Takara box better?

That seems a bit...

what's the word...

help me out here...

SUPERFICIAL, YA KNOW?

People always seem to think Takara do poorly out of transformers and we always hear the crap that BTs dont sell well when the opposite is true.

I'm not so sure about the BTs.

According to Hirofumi Ichikawa, the guy who writes the BT background materials, Takara told him they wouldn't be using what he'd already submitted for Ginrai - and they haven't assigned him any additional BT work in months.  Points to BTs either being dead or on a long hiatus.

This leads me to beleive that the "not selling well" rumor might have had some truth to it, especially since Hasbro likely pays for a majority of the development costs and the the actual costs for production probably aren't too much different from what Hasbro spends to build the 100% plastic versions and then ship them overseas.

(I also have the feeling that if and when BT restarts they'll lose the diecast and go 100% plastic as well.)

He hasnt got any work due to the upheaval IMHO, Takara will be doing all it can to make the books look better to be in a better stance for merging, this could include holding back work from outside sources like Hiro and holding back the mold creation costs. These items would require initial outlay that would leave the balance books immediately while the revenue would take several months to start trickling back in.

Rumour and hearsay is just that. Thing about all the naysayers is that a japanese source is never at hand to prove or disprove. To quote Hironori Kobayashi (BT and alt designer) "Thanks to everyone they have sold beyond expectations!" personally I put more stock in that than armchair pundits ;)

He hasnt got any work due to the upheaval IMHO, Takara will be doing all it can to make the books look better to be in a better stance for merging, this could include holding back work from outside sources like Hiro and holding back the mold creation costs. These items would require initial outlay that would leave the balance books immediately while the revenue would take several months to start trickling back in.

Rumour and hearsay is just that. Thing about all the naysayers is that a japanese source is never at hand to prove or disprove. To quote Hironori Kobayashi (BT and alt designer) "Thanks to everyone they have sold beyond expectations!" personally I put more stock in that than armchair pundits ;)

Hopefully the merger issues are what's holding everything up with regard to the BTs.  Odd that it didn't seem to effect the reissues or HBS-02 - maybe Takara is passing on the Dodge Ram due to fears of that particular mold not selling well in Japan and is simply waiting for the Ford GT.

I bet that the rest of Unicron comes with the rest of the Primuses :tflaugh3

Dude...Think of how cool that would be.....

A battle damaged body in Shipment #2, Battle Damaged Arms In Shipment #3 (Both in one pack), and Battle Damaged Legs in Shipment 4! But they wouldn't come with Primus. Instead, they'd each be the price of a deluxe, in a deluxe box. IMO, that would rock. A giant Battle Damaged Uni fighting Primus? Shveeeeet.

Hopefully the merger issues are what's holding everything up with regard to the BTs.  Odd that it didn't seem to effect the reissues or HBS-02 - maybe Takara is passing on the Dodge Ram due to fears of that particular mold not selling well in Japan and is simply waiting for the Ford GT.

I agree.

HBS-02 may have already had the mold created and is also a guaranteed seller. The Dodge Ram is probably a bit too much of a risk at the moment as it is an unknown car in Japan (essentially) coupled with the funny shoulders (which I would suspect are the way they are due to Hasbros demand on building things down to a cost)

It just looks like people were expecting some extra Transformer to come with Primes, and if you thought that, then I don't know what to say other then you have expectations that are way too high.  I knew it would be something cool and small, and I don't watch Gf or Cybertron so I'm glad it's not some stupid thing from the show, it's Unicron's friggin head! It's awesome.  Some people are too hard to please.  

Starscream Starscream Starscream.  just be happy you are getting something cool.

That might make sense... If Galaxy Force was indeed a stupid show. As it isn't you really don't have much to stand on.

Oh well, I'll be getting Primus some day. If I get Unicron's head I get it and if I don't, I don't. It really doesn't concern me.

Anyway, I'd rather Noah would be released seperately... and transform  :redface

I guess when I'm twenty or so, Hasbro will start releasing things I want.

Archived