• Last Reply
*likes the Primus figure*

*likes the unicron head*

*likes the cheaper non-import pricetag*

*likes being able to drive up to the store and buy it*

*doesn't feel screwed*

*likes sw2k5's thinking*

*taz-moffs*

I think Uni's head wants to find some schoolgirls.....

Ok bad joke on my part. :redface

Anyway, I looked over the pics again and I think He's not that bad, and now I have a reason to Kitbash that Unicron I found in a resale last year!

*plans*

I stand corrected, he is coming with an extra that the GF version won't have. Oh wow. Wee. Joy. PASS.

So glad I preordered Takara's. What a joke!

Sure, why not pay double for the SAME Exact toy, that boxart is teh best ever!!!!

G1 FO' LIFE!!! :thumb

Anyway, dude its opinions if they don't want a unicron head, more chance of someone else getting one...

Just let people have their opinions. Disagree with their opinions if you want, but don't tell them they can't have them.

Absolutely. Let people have their own opinions and express. Do not argue with or insult people for their opinions.

"Make mine Hasbro".... if you like half assed attempts at maximized profits at lowest cost.

I feel the quote above was insulting people who's opinion is they prefer Hasbro products.

All this talk about car robots killing tfs in japan? where they that unpopular in japan? I mean I thought they were "relativly" popular here...I mean I like RID LOL :-D Can some one enlighten me about CR?

Car Robots was not a financial success for Takara. Due to that failure in 2000, Takara did not make another main line of TFs in 2001. Nor did it make one in 2002. Micron Legend was released in 2003 after joint development with Hasbro.

Actuaully Armada WAS made in 2002, it may not have reached Japan until 03' though. It aired in the U.S. sept. 02'. I did'nt however know that Car Robots were a failure over there.

People always seem to think Takara do poorly out of transformers and we always hear the crap that BTs dont sell well when the opposite is true.

I'm not so sure about the BTs.

According to Hirofumi Ichikawa, the guy who writes the BT background materials, Takara told him they wouldn't be using what he'd already submitted for Ginrai - and they haven't assigned him any additional BT work in months.  Points to BTs either being dead or on a long hiatus.

This leads me to beleive that the "not selling well" rumor might have had some truth to it, especially since Hasbro likely pays for a majority of the development costs and the the actual costs for production probably aren't too much different from what Hasbro spends to build the 100% plastic versions and then ship them overseas.

(I also have the feeling that if and when BT restarts they'll lose the diecast and go 100% plastic as well.)

Archived