Hasbro Primus Extra Unveiled.

tentagil

And dare I mention..... that Unicron head looks more like the show version than Primus looks like Cybertron.

JMO

Primus is way too symetrical and prefectly round. He's really blue and looks like no Cybertron ever shown........even the one on the current show where he comes from.

it seems like  hasbro doesn't like flat grey.  I mean they did it with alt prowl (though takara also went with the glue on primus) so that's what it seems like.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro could simply release Primus without any extras and he's still be cheaper then the GF version.  But they give you a pretty cool looking little extra and people start Starscreaming and complaining because its not the extra they wanted. 

I am not complaining...and WILL get this! While yes the moon maces would have been cool...you can NOT say that isn't a G1 homage!!

I am not sure that I like the look of the head, especially the tentacles and the yellow/orange color, but I gotta admit it is nice to see Hasbro doing something to cater specifically to the collectors.

If they were targetting the kids w/ this extra then the extra should have been the Noah or the Moon Maces(??) from the show. Since Primus is part of TF:Cybertron I would expect them to go that route, just like they modified Unicron to fit into the Armada line w/ the minicon ports, but instead they gave the collectors something that only they would recognize and appreciate, something directly from G1 and TF:TM.

Again, I am not sure this is enough to sway adult collectors who can afford to get the Takara version which is guaranteed to have all the paint apps and is guaranteed to be released months in advance of the Hasbro version. I pre-ordered my GF Primus months ago, and I am still glad that I did, but it is nice to see Hasbro trying harder to please the fans.

And dare I mention..... that Unicron head looks more like the show version than Primus looks like Cybertron.

JMO

Primus is way too symetrical and prefectly round. He's really blue and looks like no Cybertron ever shown........even the one on the current show where he comes from.

I love the shape of Primus, except for having too many protrusions, ie the towers on top and the spines on the side, but I really think they could have done a better job on the coloring. Make it more gray and back w/ a few gold and even blue highlights and it is perfect.

I like it. and cant wait to examine it in person. Also, Has any one realized we'll be able to pose Primus holing Uni's Head? Hell, if you buy the 10th Primal and megs, you could have the Axalon and the Pred ship foating around it. Ect, ect.....

I've just got to know, because I've seen it several times during the course of this thread... What's a moon MACE?

If you watch Galaxy Force...(and eventually Cybertron)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Primus uses two moons as maces to beat the crap out of a massive starscream

I've just got to know, because I've seen it several times during the course of this thread... What's a moon MACE?

:tflaugh and here I thought it was a typo

BTW this is Cybertron as I remember it

just saying

:redface I thought every one was mispelling Moon "Base"

Archived