Seriously mistransformered!

TMan978

Guest Primal-Convoy

Hasbro cant even transform their own properly! Ive seen catalogue scans that would blow your mind. I once emailed Hasbnro UK to let them know all their TFs pictured were back to front and they didnt care!

This seems a bit odd to a company. I mean, you wouldthink they would want their products to look as good as possible. however, as some of us have found out, even the OFFICIAL transformations are either completely wrong (ie: the Toys actual design dictates a different transformation from that in the instructions) or us fans have come up with better unofficial forms.

My Local Japanese toys R Us has a display of TFs. many have missing arms, mistransformed pieces (armada Het Convoy had Jetfires legs on-BACK TO FRONT!).

I've only ever seen good store displays in collectors' shops.

But what do we care? It's Amazon's and chums' loss. Let THEM deal with it. Why should WE bother to help them. It's not as if they take us seriously. Strange, considering any other type of company would change a problem like this or NOT even get to this stage in the beginning!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Primal-Convoy

I wrote to them. Heres my letter:

Subject: Other Comments & Suggestions   

Comments: Dear Amazon/Toys R Us, I'm a collector of the toy brand, "Transformers" and I'm concerned in your presentation of the toys in your pictures shown at this site.

Did you know your Transformers pictures are "WORLD FAMOUS"? Many collectors around the world laugh with glee at the grossly mis-transformed creatures that you label "Transformers". If you don't believe me, visit this site and have a look for yourself how your "expert team" of photographers and staff present your products:

- http://www.TFans.com/index.php?showtopic=4323 - Discussion board showing many of your infantile efforts.

Seriously, your inability to adequately present your products in a favourable light might actually DAMAGE sales! Imagine a parent actually put off from buying one of your producats due to a faulty picture! It's not as if the toys are difficult. Most transformers toys are aeimed "at 5 year or above, except the Playschool "Gobots" line which is aeimed at much younger kids. And you couldnt even Transform some of THEM correctly!

Well, whether you got the pics from in-house or second-party hands, it's time to move on to someone more qualified. Perhaps you should hire your own kids to transform/present your toys at your site. At least you would be sure that:

1/ The toys looked as they should.

2/ You could pay the kids with peanuts...or even the toy!

3/ You would be furthering your company image of "letting kids play".

Well, you've been told. Its your decision now. I don't care either way if you want to actually improve your site. After all, I've already bought my Tfs from somewhere else.

Perhaps customers don't actually look at the pictures that much (so why bother actually showing the product, right?). however, if the DO look at the product pics, then youve got to wonder how many missed sales youve let slip though your fingers at the hands of a member of staff that cannot do the job you gave them to do. I mean, they have INSTRUCTIONS with every toy, for God's sake! Good luck and sort it out!

Why is hoist carrying Refute on his hand?

Why not? He's got a PL port there, so why not use it? Maybe Refute was injured in battle or something, so Hoist went and snatched the little bugger up. It's not a mistransformation, and it doesn't look stupid. An odd way to advertise the toy, but it's not stupid.

That is sad!

good job Primal convoy.

LMFAO!

BWAH HA HA HA!!! Smokescreen...oh my goodness! Its sad not only because he looks wicked stupid...but because TRU MUST lose business this way. I wouldn't buy that! Seriously...I think Hasbro should take away TRU's exclusive rights to the re-issues for this! (or maybe I just want re-issues at every store, thereby lowering the price...but shhh)

Archived