Which Do You Want On The Movie Soundtrack

Beast Girl

Which Type Of Rock Band Do You Want On The Movie Sound Track?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Type Of Rock Band Do You Want On The Movie Sound Track?

• Older and Established Rock Bands (They're the way to go.)
    • Younger and Newer Rock Bands (Those old farts can't compete)
    • I don't care as long as they sound good

As a tom and jerry fan I am offended by this line of conversation

:tflaugh

I don't think Tom And Jerry had the same artistic goals

But neither is there an entire Tom and Jerry fandom arguing about every bit of minutia relating to T&J.  Or is there???

Probably not. But watch out for those Speedy Gonzales fanboys.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a tom and jerry fan I am offended by this line of conversation

:tflaugh

I don't think Tom And Jerry had the same artistic goals

But neither is there an entire Tom and Jerry fandom arguing about every bit of minutia relating to T&J.  Or is there???

Probably not. But watch out for those Speedy Gonzales fanboys.

They pack a gun.

I doubt it, there was no merchandise

There should have been.  Ger some of those Hong Kong guys to create rotocast vinyl representations of Tom and Jerry and sell them for $200 a pop because they've only made 500 of them. :tfmad

Glad I'm a transformers fan and not into that stuff.

We're WAY off track now.

I do think there's a point in there.... somewhere.............

the old Tom and Jerry (and Looney Tunes etc.) cartoons were pure entertainment (in the good sense of the word); they were supposed to be funny and light-hearted and not at all serious in any way. So having that constant musical score going in the background kept the momentum going, and kept the emotional mood where it needed to be. The same was true in a way with the G1 cartoon. I can't recall a single time in the show when there wasn't any music playing. It was literally non-stop. (I remember when I first saw BW, I was like "holy sh*t! silence!") If you try that in a movie, it has the same effect. It keeps you from really digging in to the film emotionally; it keeps you at a surface level.

how about this for a scene: big buildup between Autobots and Decepticons as they face off against each other, lots of engine noise and music going DUN DUN DUNNNNNN and then all of a sudden Prime is like "AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM" and the music cuts out and it's all smashing and stomping and shooting and stuff. that would be sweet

I think that too many people want an orchesteral score.  I think orchesteral music isn't exactly fight scene friendly.  I don't imagine anyone would want to hear Beetoven playing in the background while Megatron and Optimus Prime are going mano al mano.

Back away from the bad music and watch a Star Wars film. Any one of them- there's at least ONE good (fight) scene in all of them. Rock music tends to make most fight scenes seem like crap to me. And too many people who have posted in this thread like sh*tty emo or whiny faux-rock bands anyway. I think a good instrumental score would fit everyone's tastes and the naysayers wouldn't even notice.

Rock tends to make fight scenes crap- I guess you missed the first Mortal Kombat movie... mainly  the fight between Cage and Scorpion... the music made that fight scene!

and that was Heavy Metal!

That was Fear Factory, a metal/industrial band. One of the few bands that I think could do a movie like this if they recorded music specifically for the movie. They have a great track record of video game soundtracks, but I'd still rather have a traditional score.

^

No.

That is all.

Archived