Goktimus Prime's Collection

Goktimus Prime

on the shelf with Transformers Robot Masters, Universe, WSTs and misc PVCs and confectionary kits one the far right hand corner behind Rodimus i see what looks to be like an Orange Optimus Primal, what is that? You got a great collection but that is tha one thing i couldnt identify. I would love to know what it is, it would help me on my quest to get all the optimus' " I got to have um all" LOL thanks alot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet. Way to go, Goki!

I'd have to concur with Elrod. I'm just starting to take a peek at a few others collections now that I'm done moving. I like how you have your stuff organized.

Allthough I'm not much of a stickler for the stuff after 1988-89, I must say that I do like seeing the way that it transitions in years. Makes you remember what the toy shelves looked like each year.

I know that you don't have all of the G1 stuff, but I think it's really cool that you collect what YOU like and that you're not a completist. You have nearly identical tastes in your liking as I do. Very cool.

I have since moved from my place with the jewel case. I decided that I have entirely too many G1 figures for the glass case that I have shown in my collection pics. We moved in August and all of my stuff has been in a box since, including all of my skateboards. It's a drag, but soon enough I'll have shelving up and I'd like to have everything displayed on a single plane. Just one long shelf without having any of the figures stand in front of the others. I know you can totally understand how tricky it can get when you don't have a choice and decide what goes in front of what. It's fine with all of the bigger guys and smaller guys, but usually most of the G1 figures are relative in size for the majority of the collection... Parts that stick up above their robot faces that make them taller, but it doesn't look right to have them behind another figure... Junk like that. You did a good job organizing. You can really see the similarities in production trends between each figure when displayed in a yearly timeline.

I'm going to try and get additional pictures up of my collection once the new place is ready for them. I have a long wall that I think I can do this with, which is an oddity for me. I'm thinking about tossing the shelf up above a picture rail to hang my skateboards from, so all of my toys and skateboards will be on one wall and just give that total and complete 1980's, blast from the past effect. :thumb :tflaugh

Very nice collection! You're selective in the right ways!

Dave

That's a nice collection. And I love your room setup. I wish I had shelves like that. :redface

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - thanks for all the kind words!

Big Nemesis Convoy/Tripredacus: that orange TF you're talking about is Goktimus Primal - it's a custom I made using the body of an ultra gorilla Optimus Primal but with the head of a bootlegged Dragonball GT toy. In front of him is Goktimus Prime, which was an Ultra Magnus cab robot repainted. You'll notice that I've used the colour scheme from Optimal Optimus on Goktimus Primal and Goktimus Prime. ;) Also, in beast mode, Goktimus Primal has the Kanji 孫 (Son, as in "Son Goku" - my handle on Japanese boards is "孫コンボイ" (Son Convoy)).

In front of Goki Primal/Prime is another custom of mine, Sentinel Prime - who is a repaint of Rodimus Prime. In front of that is a randomly redecoed BM Mirage and in front of him is Lexicon, who is a repaint of reissue Goldbug and is meant to be the Throttlebot upgrade of Glyph (BotCon exclusive repaint of keychain reissue Bumblebee). ;)

autobotmaintenance: Those are Micron Legend Majorette mini cars. They don't transform though, they're just Majorette cars with Transformers decals stuck on them. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived