Hey, he's not that bad!

My Alt. Mode Sucks

After getting fed up at my BT Prowl's extensive leg chipping, I broke down and got the Alt. today. I actually LIKE the G1-ish police badges and things...it gives it a lot more color and personality, IMO. And here I was calling the US deco "ghey" before...and I find that it's not that bad. Go figure...

The G1 decos are uber ghey just like the flames on Alt Skids. Aside from that Prowl is a pretty outstanding mode if you turn the legs around, and pose him right. The bulk of the Grimlock esque legs really do a good job of proportioning his lowered hood chest. Overall despite the ghey decos, and not so great head mold Prowl is actully pretty good, and doesn't even look too disjointed/out of place with the rest of the Alts. :thumb

It's kind of hard to imagine what all the fuss about him to begin with was about. Maybe things will also turn around for Alt Prime. :schin

it's my theory that Hasbro used the G1 police decos because they're generic. Alt-Prowl was released on the international market so it makes sense that he doesn't have official police decos of a certain city or state.

Alt prowl is great. I really like him. I also like the "Decals" they make him look less plain as the BT is very plain. You also get the added sesnse of mind that the paint will not chip :-) I just wish he had the big spoiler like the BT has. Also...the Decals on alt Skids are "official" decals offered by Scion....how do i know? I was just at the Philadelphia car show yesterday and they had a computer with all the Accesories for the Xb, and in the decal section were Alt Skids Scion logo and Flame decals on a car the Exact same color as Alt SKids :-D Wohoo! You can actually BUY a REAL xB and make it look identical to Skids LOL.

it's my theory that Hasbro used the G1 police decos because they're generic. Alt-Prowl was released on the international market so it makes sense that he doesn't have official police decos of a certain city or state.

or it could just be that those were the stickers the G1 version had

I like Alt Prowl a lot... now that I've reversed the leg mod. I realized after a while that he just looked lame with those big bubble legs. He looks way cooler IMO with his legs the "official" way.

I like Alt Prowl a lot... now that I've reversed the leg mod. I realized after a while that he just looked lame with those big bubble legs. He looks way cooler IMO with his legs the "official" way.

I think so too. . . with the windows out he looks weird. I really dont even like grimlock and wheeljacks legs with the windows out, however when you switch their legs they look even worse.

I think so too. . . with the windows out he looks weird. I really dont even like grimlock and wheeljacks legs with the windows out, however when you switch their legs they look even worse.

Not only that if you look at him from the side with leg mod, his legs look extremely odd, it's almost like he's leaning back the way it looks.

but most of the other alts weren't painted with their G1 decals.

of course, there's also the possibility that Hasbro simply didn't think that the self-centered, geocentric americans wouldn't recognise Prowl as an official police car so they decided to go with the fake decals.

I don't know.  I actually like the legs fixed the instruction way.  With the different leg colors and all it looks to me like he's wearing an officers uniform.  Very cool.  :thumb

Archived