Alt Prime Review

Jaguaratron

Thanks for the new pics Jag!

I swear those legs......UGH! I'm so disappointed with them. I can imagine, with out the crotch plate, the legs would look a little better*Plans on not giving mine a crotch plate* I 100% love the truck mode, but the bot mode takes me back to my G1 days when I wondered things like, "Man, why didn't they give Starscream and the jets pull down thighs? Uhg. Perceptor has knees and no but his hips only swing to the side. WTH!(What the heck*was only 9yrs old*)" The dangling bumper shoulders makes me mad too and his Smokescreen style elbows. I thought the RX-8 would be the last mold with no swiveling arm joint.

If I still have a Digi Cam, I promise I will fiddle with Alt prime till I can get the most killer pose ever *hopes* This fig look to be as hard to pose and all the flat chested bots including unmodded Prowl.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love this toy but i hope that when it is enevitably repainted into Ultra Magnus, Hasbro has enough common sense to give it a new head(preferably one that is a homage to the G1 supermode) like they do with most Alternators repaints. however, Alternators Stepper, Rollbar, and Sunstreaker are striking a cord of doubt :redface

If Magnus is the remold, I'm sure he'll get a new head.  If he's the third version, he probably won't.

I guess this alt is for the sole fact that toys r us wont sell the MP prime, and the poor fans will get this excuse instead. All i care is that this guy will be able to sit for once. none of the others can actually have a sitting pose

What do you mean none of the others can sit? All of the alts can sit. You just need to find something to have them sit on that looks cool. I`m thinking of maybe making an Ark bridge, or War room display sometime. But they can sit down.

Hey Jaguaratron thanks for the cool new pics.

Here's a link directly to the review instead of clicking around: http://www.behindthetoys.com/archive/detail.asp?toyID=929

I agree with Tman, those legs look really dissapointing and the crotch plate isn't so great either. IMO crotchplates like this, Galaxy Convoy, and E. Rodimus where they're just one solid piece instead of three parts like GF Soundwave, Vector Prime and the best example, MP Convoy, these kind of crotchplates just suck.

wasted opportunity imo. i just dont know what ill do with him when i get him... he cant stand among the alts cuz mp is already there. what to do what to do....

Skip him. Don't buy him. Wait for Mirage to be released and praise him for the superior figure that he is.

wasted opportunity imo. i just dont know what ill do with him when i get him... he cant stand among the alts cuz mp is already there. what to do what to do....

Skip him. Don't buy him. Wait for Mirage to be released and praise him for the superior figure that he is.

I guess crappy Optimus Primes are starting to catch up with Hasbro. Hopefully, this will send them a message.

Archived