Review: Autobot Skids

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Vehicle Mode: Well...what can be said about the Scion? Let's be honest: it's not the most attractively-designed vehicle, at least when compared to actual minivans that have much more rounded looks to them...but thankfully, Hasbro chose a pretty good color scheme for the van itself. The dark blue looks really good, and the fiery designs on the doors really reinforce the customization aspect that's the vehicle's selling point, and cool racing stripe or fire designs on Alternators NEVER hurt. Again, it's not a thing of beauty, but it's startlingly accurate to the real vehicle (as usual). Overall, I'd give the vehicle mode a 7.5/10

Robot Mode: WOW. Just plain wow. This has to be one of the coolest-looking characters to come out of the line yet. Very cool. Not only does he look nice and bulky despite coming out of a rather small-sized vehicle, I love how much he looks like his G1 namesake. I especially like how the back end of the car folds up onto his back. Creative use of kibble in this mode, methinks. One of the coolest robots in the series yet, even as much as I love Prowl and Hound (probably my two favorites). 9/10

I really do like him. He's such a cool figure, and it shows that Hasbro/Takara hasn't run out of cool ideas yet for this line. Love it love it love it.

I really like the Skids mold. I went the BT way on this one just because I really wasnt fond of the flames and the BT comes with G1-eqsue stripes/stickers. I do think the stripes really set him off though, similar to how some feel about the flames really adding to the vehicle mode.

And I have to agree, the bot mode is great, decent proportions and articulation and a unique transformation even if the final look is a somewhat typical hood/chest deal. Definatly a good addition to the Alt/BT line. :thumb

I actually like the flames, they give him a unique look. It's a bit better, IMO, than the plain solid-color car bodies most have. And I would have gone with the BT, but money's a bit tight right now...still, awesome dude.

I love Skids! He really stands out in the crowd. If he had a twistable waist, I'd never put him down. Continually finding new poses.

I love Skids! He really stands out in the crowd. If he had a twistable waist, I'd never put him down. Continually finding new poses.

Actually thats my biggest complaint. He IS such a good mold, but because I got the BT version, I'm leary about playing with him too much, not wanting the paint to chip, etc. I'm hoping there'll be an Alt. Skids repaint that I'll like just so I can fiddle around with this mold more often.

Actually thats my biggest complaint. He IS such a good mold, but because I got the BT version, I'm leary about playing with him too much, not wanting the paint to chip, etc. I'm hoping there'll be an Alt. Skids repaint that I'll like just so I can fiddle around with this mold more often.

:pfx

Kind of disapointed by the non waist but not huge complaint. My only other gripe if any is the noisy cricket sized gun he has. Compensating he is not. Initially I hated the idea of him having flames, and glittered windows and though it's a minor iritent it really doesn't hurt the overall mold to badly. What would've really killed it is if the flames ran along the fenders and hood too.  :puke

Colours aside I have to honestly say this is by far one of the best designed alts yet. Everything about it is absolute genius. Incredible how a boxy minivan can pull apart and at the same time fold up into a near perfectly proportioned, well articulated, and for the most part kibblefree bot.

My brother was toying with him for a bit and was the first one to pont out the folded front seats on his backside resembled an ass. :roll Talk about flat.  :tflaugh

Archived