Ineffective/uncreative use of kibble?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Greivous is not so bad if we are debating kibble (i think the character and altmode are ass but thats different)

i also agree - that Red and Prime should hide the kibble a bit better - even a pop up door (like the Alt-Subarus) would suffice.

And i aplologize - last night i was addressing just kibble in general - as well as being a bit saucy. 

anyway - about EVAC

His alt mode is fantastically realistic.  Unfortunately that is also what makes his legs so glaring.

If his color scheme was more uniform - then it wouldnt be so obvious.

If Anyone is on the fence about Cybertron though - i would point them to Evac and Red alert (cause his head is forgivable considering how awsome he is and sicne it does kinda look like a siren so it belongs there....)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evac - is phenomenal

and this mold is really going to SHINE when they repaint/remold it into a darker more monochromatic color scheme!

I mean if Crumplezone deseerves it then HELLL YEAH! Evac deserves it!

the ONLY thing about Evac that is not Great - is the splotchy color in altmode.

i'd rather see him repainted as blades

plus what about snarl, and red alert, those two have transformation schemes i've not seen before

I wouldn't mind a repaint of Evac in Quickstrike's colors. I liked the red.

Or blue. Or Red and Blue. Maybe it's time to hang up Optimus and go for Evacimus Prime!

Imagine that, a Prime that's not a truck. The fanbase would crap themselves.

So, the problem is having parts of the robot mode visible in alt mode.

First thing's first: If I have to seriously look hard to see said alt parts, I'm not gonna consider that an issue.

Now. If you are complaining about any of the figs labeled as "Cybertron" or "Speedia," your argument falls flat for story reasons. These are the 2 planets (well, 3 if you include Gigantalonia) where the TF's are the only form of life on the planet.. So they are NOT hiding, they are utilitarian forms.

This leaves 3 figures with the issue, as far as I can tell: Prime, the flying dino dude, and Red alert.

With Prime, a flush-sitting "cover/hatch" would have been nice, I agree. The hole is a little unsightly.. but the thing is, it was a WEAK part of the opening ep when they scanned their new forms... and Prime don't look anything like what I'd expect a fire truck to look like.

On the other hand, Red alert -is- an example of a poorly done TF. He shouldn't have been a deluxe, IMHO, but it looks like they couldn't come up with enough gimmicks/reason to make him $20 without people claiming he was a remold of his Armada version. It would've been better if his head hid itself as part of the light bar better, and I bet that is what they were going for... But yeah... RA is just not a good fig in my mind, or at least the Hasbro version isn't.

In a similar vein, I think the dino pteradon's a bad alt, and should've been a smaller fig. But yeah, that fig has worse stuff going on.

Edited for stupid mistake. ;)

So, the problem is having parts of the robot mode visible in ALT mode.

First thing's first: If I have to seriously look hard to see said alt parts, I'm not gonna consider that an issue.

...edited....

On the other hand, Red alert -is- an example of a poorly done TF. He shouldn't have been a deluxe, IMHO, but it looks like they couldn't come up with enough gimmicks/reason to make him $20 without people claiming he was a remold of his Armada version. It would've been better if his head hid itself as part of the light bar better, and I bet that is what they were going for... But yeah... RA is just not a good fig in my mind, or at least the Hasbro version isn't.

In a similar vein, I think the dino pteradon's a bad alt, and should've been a smaller fig. But yeah, that fig has worse stuff going on.

First things first- typo corrected.

Second thing -WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

C-Red alert is freaking AWSOME!!!!!

the light bar thing is a minor detraction from a GREAT mold!!!

You need to check him out before you judge!

I have my issues with him. IMHO, Red alert's too small, the paint apps are a bit thin and wearing ont he edges, his "gimmick" is weak, and I don't like how they modified his legs or whaever, making them so they won't lock together.

It should be pointed out that this is compared to the rest of the Cybertron line. He's leaps and bounds above some of my worst figs.

the leg mod is yet another minor detraction from a great figure.

but its nothing an exacto and a little paitience cant solve.

I disagree with you completely on the size - Armada Red alert was kinda neat but WAY too big.  Possibly a compromise between the two sizes would be best but .... still for a deluxe... RA is really nice.

Where'd this topic go to? I was just referring, originally, to how it looks like they don't effectively utilize the kibble from the vehicle in robot mode. Again, I mean like chests being covered up by another part of the kibble or being on the underside of the car instead of being part of the car like the hood, chassis, whatever. I was talking more about how they haven't really put the kibble to good use to make the robot mode look more like the thing came from a vehicle, rather than complaining about "head in alt mode" syndrome.

Archived