Ineffective/uncreative use of kibble?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like hood chest style TF's and autovolt rulls but if every car is like that we would end up with some thing like a scaled down alt line with non relalistic alt modes

I don't understand this argument.

To create a TF that looks nothing like its alt mode, you either need insanely complex and fragile transformation, full-"pretender" elements, or a combination of both.

As I look over my vehicular TF's, I see:

Crosswise that is right in-between,

Hot Rod with his worst kibble as a backpack (same with Mudflap),

Chromia as a full pretender...

And the rest, for the most part, have very little kibble. They are just car/vehicle bodyparts repositioned.

What is wrong with this?

I think the new downshift/wheeljack is a good example of a good G1 style transformer with good creative use of kibble.

Haven't got him yet, Cos I don't know If I want to get any new transformers w/ cheap gimics any more but this one looks pretty cool.

There are a few figures in the GF/Cybertron line that I can think of that hide themselves very well in alt mode and use the kibble very well.

I'd have to say first on the list would be a tie between Landmine and Noisemaze.  The beastformers are really well done creatively.  Brakedown initially confused me until I referred to the instructions (which I don't normally do).  Downshift is good looking.  The CD figures are pretty good, as is Dirt Boss.

I don't understand this argument.

To create a TF that looks nothing like its alt mode, you either need insanely complex and fragile transformation, full-"pretender" elements, or a combination of both.

As I look over my vehicular TF's, I see:

Crosswise that is right in-between,

Hot Rod with his worst kibble as a backpack (same with Mudflap),

Chromia as a full pretender...

And the rest, for the most part, have very little kibble. They are just car/vehicle bodyparts repositioned.

What is wrong with this?

I think that the main problem is when the head sticks up in alt mode, or some other obviously unnecessary robot kibble isn't hidden in alt mode. The figures that you mentioned at the beginning of your post are the good ones rfrom the line, the others like Prime and Red alert do suffer from the kibble issues.  It just seems that if they can do Crosswise so well, why not make Prime convincing and kibble free in both bot and alt modes?

Evac - is phenomenal

and this mold is really going to SHINE when they repaint/remold it into a darker more monochromatic color scheme!

I mean if Crumplezone deseerves it then HELLL YEAH! Evac deserves it!

the ONLY thing about Evac that is not Great - is the splotchy color in altmode.

I like his colors. When I first saw the final version, I was all, "I've gotta buy that one, even if I buy no other Cybertron fig" *owns most of the available figs :redface *

the ONLY thing about Evac that is not Great - is the splotchy color in altmode.

and that's why I haven't bought him.  The proto looked fantastic, but I'd like to see him in some more realistic colors.

He's is Coast Guard colours.  How is that not realistic?

oh.  in that case, I'd like him to look more realistic and badass.  I think he'd look awesome in dark colors.

yeah......hasbro/takara designers should be reading this thread and take notes:

NO MORE POP UP HEADS GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

examples of poor use of kibble in alt form:

prime

nitro prime

redalert

jetfire

scurge

brimstone

SW vader

SW greivious

examples of good use of kibble in alt form:

noizemaze

thundercracker