MORE ALTERNATOR RUMORS

CANNABIS PRIME

We might wind up with Autocharge or Swerves brother Swirly

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Windcharger has a waist and knees.

honestly I'd rather see Megatron as a Dodge Magnum or something more along those lines.... just throwing that out there

I've said the same thing. Or a Chryster 300 or Charger. They all resemble each other to me and they are angular like I want. But this Catillac would be good too.

You know, every time we get our hopes up on stuff like this or start guessing, Bam! It's some one totally unexpected. I'm shocked that the corvette wound up as Tracks.

my understanding was that Tracks was originally scheduled to be a Viper b/c GM didn't give the okay to use the 'Vette at first... so actually the Vette would have been designed for Tracks from the get-go

that contradicts the 4 new molds this year that hasbro said.

(skids mold)

ram

civic

gt

6 New molds and 4 recolors is what I read more. And the Scion coming out in 2005, probably shouldn't be included.

Considering that each new mold now seems slated for at least two revisions (one slight remold and one straight repaint), I'm guessing that it will be six new molds, four remolds and God knows how many repaints.

honestly I'd rather see Megatron as a Dodge Magnum or something more along those lines.... just throwing that out there

I've said the same thing. Or a Chryster 300 or Charger. They all resemble each other to me and they are angular like I want. But this Catillac would be good too.

You know, every time we get our hopes up on stuff like this or start guessing, Bam! It's some one totally unexpected. I'm shocked that the corvette wound up as Tracks.

my understanding was that Tracks was originally scheduled to be a Viper b/c GM didn't give the okay to use the 'Vette at first... so actually the Vette would NOT have been designed for Tracks from the get-go

:thumb

Just to understand better

my understanding was that Tracks was originally scheduled to be a Viper b/c GM didn't give the okay to use the 'Vette at first... so actually the Vette would NOT have been designed for Tracks from the get-go

:thumb

Just to understand better

let me restate that:

1. HasTak wants to make an Alt Tracks out of the 2005 Vette

2. GM says no

3. HasTak says "all right then", creates Viper mold, intends for Tracks

4. GM finally says "well okay you can use the Vette"

5. HasTak says "sweet", makes the Viper into Sunstreaker/Sideswipe

6. HasTak makes a Vette mold for Tracks

5. HasTak says "sweet", makes the Viper into Sunstreaker/Sideswipe

I think if HasTak had altered the Viper mold so that the top of the fenders were the front of the legs (instead of the back) it would have been a perfect update of Sunstreaker.

yeah.... but aesthetics >>> precise G1 accuracy IMO. Not that the Viper mold isn't a G1-licious update of Tracks.

I think the aestheics would have been OK, they could have added more "robot-ey-ness" to the underhood bits to make it look better (as the current back of the Viper mold's legs are rather devoid of detail).  Plus, it would have allowed the Viper to have more than 15 degrees of knee articulation.  Other than the bottom vs. top part of their lower legs Tracks and Sunstreaker have a very closely related TF scheme.

For some reason, I can't imagine Megatron as a "top-down" kind of guy.

ROFFLE

As long as he has knees, a waist, and is well proportioned I'm down with it.

Windcharger has a waist and knees. I want Skids amount of posability just add a waist. Cy-Kill, and people think TFs have bad names.

I just don't want him ending up like Alt. Prime. I can deal with Prime because I already have the Masterpiece version, but since there's no MP Megs, this really does need to be flawless IMO.

Archived