Gestalt Reissues

Bluestreak85

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see all gestalts re-issued. Abominus, Computron, Predaking, Piranacon, Monstructor, Menasor, and all the other previously mentioned. I would especially like Computron and Prediking. I don't see why Hasbro couldn't release them for under $50.

I would love to see Combiner reissue myself, but some of you are confusing certain details.

The infamous KOs are NOT THE ORIGINAL molds. They were reverse engineered from the retail toys. I think Takara has gone on record as saying that many of old cominbers have decayed to the point of not being useful, and repairing/recasting the molds would be too expensive. Of course, that doesn't mean there still isn't one or two left they could use besides Bruticus.

And Computron and I think Abominus have basically been lost with no chance of being reissued.

I think that's a pathetic excuse by Hasbro/Takara. I mean, even if the mould is lost, how hard can it be to make a new one?? This isn't exactly rocket science people!

I'm going to have to agree they could just to reverse molds like all the KO and then fine tune them to be of there quaility. Its not like we are trying to clone a human its only a toy

Is anyone else wondering why neither Takara or Hasbro has stated any plans to reissue any gestalt teams? We all know that in the very least the Combaticon molds are still around since they continue to be used, and with any luck the Aerialbot and Construction molds are still around from the G2 releases. I personally think it would be awesome to get these teams in their original colorations again, but am I just dreaming? It seems that at least for these 3 teams it would be possible. Anybody have any kind of scoop on this issue?

THEY HAVE!!!!! :stone They just havint done the international one's! :tftongue

They have done some of the Japanese exclusive from 89 and 90. :P

THEY HAVE!!!!! :stone They just havint done the international one's! :tftongue

They have done some of the Japanese exclusive from 89 and 90. :P

You are right about that, so I guess I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the classic combiners from the original cartoon really. Those are the ones that always sparked my interest most.

And I don't see why they would be $100 per team. In the case of most gestalts, only the chest component of each team was about the same size as the autobot cars/decepticon jets, so I would think $50 lt $60 would be more accurate, but thats just me.

It would be really expensive.  My guess would be over $100 per combiner.  On top of that that would be five toys at once, as opposed to the previous two or so a year.  The molds are around.  Big lots and Wal-Mart occasionally have KO's.  I have seen Superion, Devestator, and Defensor.  As for Bruticus, why would you but the re-issue for $100, when you could get the Universe version for $20 and repaint it?

Not to be a nay-sayer, but combiner re-issues is something I would like and I have wondered why they have not been done.  These are the reasons I hypothesised.

Your post shows no grasp of logic.

Why would the same set that costs $26.47 at Wal-mart in hideous colors cost $100 because it's in G1 colors?

Nope, I don't get it.

Ruination is the exact same toy as Bruticus, you know. Bruticus doesn't have any more metal or anything....

EDIT: The other combiner molds are damaged beyond repair... so this would push the price up.

But nowhere near $100.

Takara wouldn't fix the mold if they knew that they'd have to sell it for $100... would be cost prohibitive!

Oh, and KOs don't use the original molds.

Archived