Gestalt Reissues

Bluestreak85

Is anyone else wondering why neither Takara or Hasbro has stated any plans to reissue any gestalt teams? We all know that in the very least the Combaticon molds are still around since they continue to be used, and with any luck the Aerialbot and Construction molds are still around from the G2 releases. I personally think it would be awesome to get these teams in their original colorations again, but am I just dreaming? It seems that at least for these 3 teams it would be possible. Anybody have any kind of scoop on this issue?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I stopped wondering why and just assumed they don't have the molds anymore. And the Combaticon molds get worse and worse everytime they're used... i'd rather they clean them up seriously before making a G1 reissue, personally. But time will tell. Soundwave was missing too.. so it's not impossible

Personally, I'm sick of seeing the combaticon molds. They've released the same set three times in the last 2 years. It would ROCK if we could see the aerialbots or even the protectobots again.

It would be really expensive. My guess would be over $100 per combiner. On top of that that would be five toys at once, as opposed to the previous two or so a year. The molds are around. Big lots and Wal-Mart occasionally have KO's. I have seen Superion, Devestator, and Defensor. As for Bruticus, why would you but the re-issue for $100, when you could get the Universe version for $20 and repaint it?

Not to be a nay-sayer, but combiner re-issues is something I would like and I have wondered why they have not been done. These are the reasons I hypothesised.

I gave up hope and just started buying the originals. One of the biggest things is the price would be very high, probably (as stated before) around a 100 and for that price you could buy a, complete, near mint original. Ex. My, complete, near mint Superion 95 and, complete, near mint Defensor 95. Well I still wish they would, I would buy the reissues and sell my originals, as I love putting the stickers on myself and having a nice box to store them in.

Archived