Crosswise=Smokescreen

Hadlen Weltall

I caught Cybertron this morning at 6:00 am and it was the episode where Evac and Crosswise meet up with the rest of the bots for the first time. and I could have sworn I heard Evac say "this is my partner Crosswise" The first time through on WB it was "Smokescreen"  Now I double checked and checked my VHS taping of the episode from yesterday morning and its confirmed.  Smokescreen has changed his name BACK to Crosswise.

His name on the show was originally Smokescreen, the figure`s name is Crosswise so they just changed the name on the show. Thing is though I think he kind of looks more like Jazz in the face though it is the wrong colored body but the right transformation.

Probably due to the past complaints on in show quality control: get the names right or pay.... There wasn't any 'jump' like you hear in most re recordings but the full line was re read. Remember how many times they got the names wrong in Armada (third episode: Hotshot: they screwed his name up three times).

considering how shoddy Cybertron has been sofar - i wonder why they bothered to go back and re-record it.

Are you and I watching the same show?  Cybertron's dub is far from shoddy.  It's plainly evident that the writers and VAs are having some serious fun with the show this time, and it shows in the quality of line delivery, and dialogue in general.  It's actually entertaining to watch this time around, instead of the "phoned-in" performances in Armada and Energon.

Sorry to not clarify it to the audience Hunter. The casting/naming job on Armada and Energon was mangled at best.

Armada: everytime Optimus went "Supermode" was something different:

JET CONVOY! JETPRIME! Jet Optimus.....

Hotshot was at a couple times Rodimus, Hot Rod etc.

The fact about this post shows that while Cybertron's been shelved to Dawn AM, somebody behind the production in the US still cares. Now if only this means we're gonna see a scrub of half the children's dialogue (no more dub ins of the "Omega Frequency" during a moment of silence.

??

Are you guys watching the same show i am?

cause i bought that silly 4 episode Cybertron- DVD that came out and nothing made any sense whatsoever.

and teh VA and the writing was horrific at best.

the BEST thing about it was the WTF Brit-Rap song at the beginning.

Hunter

Archived