Takara's Reisue Hound

mallomm

What is going on with the Takara reissues? Im happy that Hound was announced for a July Release, but whats up with the slow down? I thought they were going to put out two a month, I would be happy with one a month. By my calculation, this year we have had Astrotrain, Minibots, Targetmaster Hot Rod, and now Hound in July. That would make 4 reissues from January to July, and Astotrain and Minibots were pushed back from last year. I thought they were selling well, am I mistaken? Maybe they are stacking up in stores like the toys r us ones are here. I dont think so, but why would they be putting delays on such popular toys. My hope is that they are using this time to bring all the dinobots out at once, I can only wish. It cant be a mold issue because we know they have Bruticas and several others, what i wouldnt give for Bruticas in original colors. Let me know if anyone has any news?

What is going on with the Takara reissues?  Im happy that Hound was announced for a July Release, but whats up with the slow down?  I thought they were going to put out two a month, I would be happy with one a month.  By my calculation, this year we have had Astrotrain, Minibots, Targetmaster Hot Rod, and now Hound in July.  That would make 4 reissues from January to July, and Astotrain and Minibots were pushed back from last year.  I thought they were selling well, am I mistaken? 

Funny, before the BT's, I could have sworn we were getting two every three to four months. Which is my guess for the slowdown. Don't want to over-satuturate the market? Takara still hasn't done Trailbreaker, Hoist, Grapple, Red-alert etc.(Commerative reissues) and they can still push out tons of seekers, so I'm sure molds aren't a problem. I happy with the slow down though, give's me wallet a rest. :)

It looks like the TF Collection will only have limited repaints (Thrust might be an upcoming release, but not the other seekers). I imagine that part of the slowdown now is that they're working on rebuilding molds for some of the characters that they no longer have complete molds for. The nice thing about the computer technology we have today is that they can take apart an existing transformer toy, strip all decals and stickers, use a 3d "realscan" type system, and create an exact 3D model in the computer. From that model, they can use a computerized system to cut and etch a new mold that will be an exact copy of the original toy. This all takes more time than just finding existing molds and cleaning them up, though.

(Thrust might be an upcoming release, but not the other seekers).

Hay man what makes you think this. What have you heard. I want to know cuz I want all of the seekers and only need him and Ramjet, and not sure if Hasbro is going to do them. Cool info on how they can make a mold. Also back on topic I don't mind for the slowdown as long as they keep making reissues that we haven't seen before. I will wait as long a it takes, and buy all of the Collection reissues even if I have to sell my Hasbro reissues to do it (meaning if they do one I already have in a Hasbro reissue I would sell that Hasbro reissue to get the Collection one).

Archived