"dont know what your getting"

shajaki

when i was younger i collected comics and superhero cards. ive got every marvel universe set, masterpiece and spiderman set out there including their chase cards. i spent mad amounts of money trying to complete those. but those days are over.

and then i see things that takara is doing. with wstf, pvc's, minicons and such. if they were released overseas in that manner, i might have given a damn about minicons. those chase ones were all shiney and neat. and theres no telling what rediculous amount of money i wouldv wasted if they were released in such a fashion. i guess what im trying to say is that if hasbro released them like that i think theyd have made some good money off that. that and theyd have my intrest.

i guess what im trying to say is that if hasbro released them like that i think theyd have made some good money off that. that and theyd have my intrest.

and lost mine.. i hate trying to find chase figs and seeing them show up online in other people's collections.

that kind of selling never went away, it just seems to jump around in format a lot. Now you have CCG's (collectible card games) more or less an upgrade from all those card sets we saw during the early 90's. I think the gumball toys are still the greatest example of this, ya walk by, see a neat piece of junk and say..."I want that." Next thing you know you've dropped $3 and have 12 very off the wall items. Blind selling is rearing again with some recent SW mini-statues or are they bobble heads??? I'm not sure, but it is coming back, as are grab bags in local comic shops lately.

i guess what im trying to say is that if hasbro released them like that i think theyd have made some good money off that. that and theyd have my intrest.

and lost mine.. i hate trying to find chase figs and seeing them show up online in other people's collections.

but thats whats fun about it! that sigh of releif after opening countless boxes to finall get the one youve searched for! i missed that.

that kind of selling never went away, it just seems to jump around in format a lot. Now you have CCG's (collectible card games) more or less an upgrade from all those card sets we saw during the early 90's. I think the gumball toys are still the greatest example of this, ya walk by, see a neat piece of junk and say..."I want that." Next thing you know you've dropped $3 and have 12 very off the wall items. Blind selling is rearing again with some recent SW mini-statues or are they bobble heads??? I'm not sure, but it is coming back, as are grab bags in local comic shops lately.

i hear ya. but im just bringing it up for nostalgic purposes. trading cards that sell these days are all games though. and if every tf gets a head start in japan, i thought their selling techniques mightv rubbed off a bit. id have bought them. i was just wondering if anyone else enjoyed this sort of thing.

trading cards that sell these days are all games though.

Negatory. There are also sports cards, which is probably the oldest running system of random packed items. You don't want to know how much money I spend on hockey cards.... more than TFs I can tell you that.

Blind packing can motivate some to buy, but can also stop others from buying.

What I would have like to have seen instead of micron boosters or instead of the minicon two packs is just take a bunch of the minicon molds and thrown in whatever random color plastic they got laying around and sell them singly(but not blind packed).

It'd be like a challenge to get X-many different color versions of your favorite mold, and see if you can assemble a cool looking star saber from random repaints.

Archived