Star Wars Transformers

Lord Atmo

I saw Vader at TRU tonight. I had to restrain myself from an impulse purchase since I had already decided I wasn't going to get him. He looks pretty cool from what I could see, though. And I did confirm again that (according to the bio) Vader "morphs" into his TIE Advanced. I'm not digging that  part so much, but then like I said in another thread, nobody's forcing me to keep the box. :thumb

*waits for wave 2*

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi, I'd rather not get into a war with Star Wars fans over which line is better, more childish, or executed in a more professional manner.

SW fans can get vicious, and I don't feel like getting into a debate over whether Optimus Prime could withstand the power of Force Lightning. Not something I lay awake at nights thinking about.

If I had to throw my opinion down on these, I think this is more of an effort to convert Star Wars fans to TransFan Collectordom than the other way around or just as toys for the kids. As Transformers, they're not very well done. They just don't have that correctly polished look about them that a TF would have, especially this day and age. They look like introductory toys to me.

And seriously, for anyone deluded enough to think these toys are still for kids, I submit to you Energon Towline. This isn't about the kids anymore, it's about the collectors and what they will buy. Hasbro is just beginning to realize our culture can sustain a huge Collector based target market, just like Japan already does.

I bought SW Darth Vader. I need to make him a cloth cape.

He really is a cool TF. The arms are painted black, so they "hide" well in the folds of the wings. And it is exceedingly poseable, moreso than some of Takara's 10-dollar TF's.

I don't know about the unpolished look to it. Yeah, the bottom shows off the body a ton, but I don't think that was avoidable. Plus, place the TIE on a flat surface and you'll never notice. The missile launchers are quite strong.

Yes, the back says he morphs into it. But he also comes with the mini-pilot, and there is a seat molded into the body cavity. It also looks like there might be a way to get Vader to sit in the cockpit when it's in TIE form (evidenced by the way the back of Mecha-Vader's head is shaped), but I haven't figured it out yet.

My favorite thing? The packaging, instead of using those ugly, thick, annoying twist-ties, uses a rubber band system held in place with little plastic hooks. They probably aren't child-safe, but gosh darn if he wasn't a TON easier to get out of the box! I hope Hasbro goes to these bands for all their future packaging.

I think they look good, I'll be keeping them in their alt-modes though!

What's the RRP for them? $9.99? $14.99? $19.99? I wanna know how much they cost in the shops before I buy them from eBay.  :thumb

I saw them at Wal-mart for 14.97. I imagine their price point is 14.99, because Wal-Mart is stupid and thinks people really value those 2 cents.

Yeah.. the Beast Wars 10th anniversary and Star Wars Transformers are both $15...  And they are generally massive toys, bigger than Cybertron's $10's... (well, other than Cheetor).

This gives me a TON of hope that Soundwave will be released at $15, so that no paint has to be sacrificed or anything changed...

these hopefully are bigger than the deluxe TFs if they cost $5.00 more. otherwsie i see no reasoning behind making them that expensive

still waiting for the jedistar fighter mech.

seen a bunch of pictures of it in alt mode and it is like a smaller version of the larger toy with all the working features (landing gear, winglets, canopy) and there is no evadince of the bot anywhere on the alt mode.

I saw Vader at TRU tonight. I had to restrain myself from an impulse purchase since I had already decided I wasn't going to get him. He looks pretty cool from what I could see, though. And I did confirm again that (according to the bio) Vader "morphs" into his TIE Advanced. I'm not digging that  part so much, but then like I said in another thread, nobody's forcing me to keep the box. :thumb

*waits for wave 2*

Same thing. Saw Vader, Obi-Wan and Grevious at TRU and decided to skip them. I might think about it some more and go back tomorrow (but I doubt it). We shall see.

Archived