Star Wars Transformers

Lord Atmo

not i just dont see how they are TF's i mean they carry the brand logo but they not TF's rather mechs that the guys in the SW universe use

They're vehicles that transform into robots. That's pretty much it. They aren't Decepticons or Autobots.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sure do

if this topic kicks off, i'll post a link to here in that forum too

I like the comment that says "these might work on little kids but not on me"

THEY'RE ALL FOR LITTLE KIDS DOUCHEWAD

*breathes*

:tflaugh

I saw em in person and I so wanted to buy them but didn't have the cash. I really like Obi Wan's ship. They dont even look like TFs. Just like Alts. I like the bad guys bot modes.

Wow, they really don't like us much over on the Dark Side.

I am surprised that there is that much animosity toward TF from the SW collectors. I would think that they wouldn't smack talk Transfans so much. Smack talking the SW:TF I can understand, I personally don't like them too much, but smack talking the collectors is just not nice.

As someone over on the SW thread said, I can see these figures selling well w/ the kiddies, but not so much w/ the collectors. Both sides are kinda offended by them, but we shall see. Also, like I have previously said, I probably won't buy any for myself, but I am pretty sure that my 5-yr-old nephew who loves both TF and SW will absolutely love these things.

Anyway, it sucks that the SW fans are saying such bad things about Transfans. Totally unnecessary in my opinion. They should just stick to the topic of the figures and not the fan-bases.

Meh, depends on what fanboys you talk to. I know some local guys who have a fan club. They do a lot of stuff together and when I told them about the SW Transformers they were excited. After seeing the pictures, they decided they must have them.

I am surprised that there is that much animosity toward TF from the SW collectors. I would think that they wouldn't smack talk Transfans so much. Smack talking the SW:TF I can understand, I personally don't like them too much, but smack talking the collectors is just not nice.

Anyway, it sucks that the SW fans are saying such bad things about Transfans. Totally unnecessary in my opinion. They should just stick to the topic of the figures and not the fan-bases.

:pfx

Do we trash talk Star Wars and Star Wars collectors? NO! All we have been saying about these figures is that most of them don't look good in robot mode. Heck, most of us have even said we liked the idea of Star Wars vehicles transforming. (Just not into likenesses of the pilots)

So why are they bashing us? Why are they bashing all Transformers? Could it be because while their toys have flopped from one company to another, Transformers has stayed right where it belongs. Or maybe because it takes a major motion picture for them to sell toys and we just need a TV show. Or maybe because they think that the robots in the Star Wars films stunk, so they have a thing against robots.

But I am not going to bash them. (Wheelie and Jar Jar Binks are equal in my book.) Can't we all just get along?

:pfx

Do we trash talk Star Wars and Star Wars collectors? NO! All we have been saying about these figures is that most of them don't look good in robot mode. Heck, most of us have even said we liked the idea of Star Wars vehicles transforming. (Just not into likenesses of the pilots)

So why are they bashing us? Why are they bashing all Transformers? Could it be because while their toys have flopped from one company to another, Transformers has stayed right where it belongs. Or maybe because it takes a major motion picture for them to sell toys and we just need a TV show. Or maybe because they think that the robots in the Star Wars films stunk, so they have a thing against robots.

But I am not going to bash them. (Wheelie and Jar Jar Binks are equal in my book.) Can't we all just get along?

Ha, I agree.

I especially like the concept of having SW ships that turn into TF, but not the SW characters, or even likenesses, that is just poorly executed.

Oh well, I am willing to accept that I like TF and they like SW. More power to them.

(but at least mine actually do something and take some thought to figure out, hehehe).

As someone over on the SW thread said, I can see these figures selling well w/ the kiddies, but not so much w/ the collectors. Both sides are kinda offended by them, but we shall see. Also, like I have previously said, I probably won't buy any for myself, but I am pretty sure that my 5-yr-old nephew who loves both TF and SW will absolutely love these things.

OK guys.......pay no attention to the wankers on rebelscum. SW fans are nothing like this......only rebelscum fans.

Most SW fans are also transformer collecters......I've seen most of you guys on the TNI site for starwars.

Anyhow most of the other SW fans don't pay attention to the fanboys at rebelscum. Alot of this is due to past issues where SW fans were treated like crap on rebelscum and got in to hug flame wars that normally would never be alowed on any other chat board.

Later it was discovered that somehow the creater of rebelscum was posing as different users ........ YEAH the guy made himself different accounts. Alot of SW fans regard this guy as a real _______ (well, you fill in the blank).

To the point guys almost every SW fan are NOT Transfan bashers and most every SW fan knows better than to waist their time on a rebelscum board.

SW fans are respectfull just like us.

If you want real objective veiw point on the subject  from star wars fans (where alot of them are also transfans)

Here's TNI's star wars thread topic on the subject :

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=200...SW+transformers

Also here are some thoughts on the wave 2 sets in there packages:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=200...SW+transformers

Archived