Devil Mazinkaiser's Collection....

Devil Mazinkaiser

Yeah man! The G1 stuff is awesome! I like it all, but I'm a G1 maniac.

I used to have trailing shelving going around my place, but since I got the glass case, it's since been moved into it. I agree that some of the G1 stuff is sort of cramped in my collection, but most of it is well displayed as you said. I need more shelving in the case that I have.

You're a part of the V-club too, huh? (Voltron Club)  :tflaugh

Yeah, I'm still after a Voltron I and II. The III that I have is the 1997 reissue, which actually was pulled from the shelves and is now harder to get than an original.  :tflaugh I'd trade for a Loose complete III diecast. I have the big plastic one, the pull back wheeled one and the other one for now. I think I'll go for a I (the vehicle version) next.

I'd also love to get the 2.5' Tall remote conrtrol one!

Nice setup!

Dave

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Nice collection! :tfevil

So how much did the insurance company value your stuff? In the future, I will need to do this too. Any advice, suggestions or hints? :tfhuh

Thanks! :tfevil

I work for an insurance brokerage, and found a really cool policy through the Hartford that is specifically designed for collections. Here is the site: http://www.americancollectorsins.com/index.php

You decide on a flat amount for the replacement cost, and it covers all perils - fire, lightning, flood, theft.... even including hurricanes! While that might not be very important to people in other areas, after our "ground zero" double hurricane season back in 2004 I was scared into getting this policy now.

Among everything else going on while a hurricane approaches, it's unexplainable to relay how it feels to look at a collection room and not be able to do anything about the possibility of losing it all if your house blows away during a hurricane... :tfmad Fortunately, we had just a little damage to the house, but we were much more fortunate than some of our neighbors who actually lost their roofs in the storms.

Typical homeowners policies will cover your collections as "contents" in your policy, which is automatically listed as a percentage of your home value. But in some cases, it might be better to get a seperate policy for the collection if it is large enough, because you probably don't want to use much of your contents coverage replacing your collection rather than new couches, electronics, furniture, etc... at least MY wife wouldn't want me doing that.

This policy's annual premium was $112.50 for $15,000 of replacement value. Not a bad deal!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

TFormers.com and TFans.com are proud to kick off our new feature, Member Collections! Our first entry in this ongoing series features pictures from the collection of Joe Chiarella (a.k.a. 'Devil Mazinkaiser' on TFans.com) - Joe says "I love Transformers because the nostalgic memory of my childhood..." Read more about his collection

HERE.

Read the Full News Story Here

That's much more than I have. But in my defence I only started collecting post being a lil kid who broke all his toys like 2 years ago.

Archived