Alt-BumbleBee Idea

Hunter Rose

C-RA is one of my Fave TF's i have ever purchased. with the exception of his head in alt mode syndrome - he is DAMN near the Perfect TF, IMO.

Add to that my Favorite Character being Bumblebee and wala - the idea is born.

I purchased a 1:24 VW (both a '98 and a '66) earlier this sumer and tried my hand at some KB.  The results were tragic.  The '98 did not survive.

However the '66 is still untouched.  After reading WraithVerge's thread on New Ideas for Kitbashing i chatted breifly with Guld and WV and they seem to think the idea is possible.

pulled out my C-RA and my 1:24 '66 and did some side by side comparisons.

the size and porportions of  C-RA are almost perfect.

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg

BA4.jpg

BA5.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea! I was trying to think of a way an Alt. BB could work. It won't be as detailed as a real alternator, but it'll look sweet, and be in the proper size category with the rest of the Alternators. Fantastic idea, I can't wait to see how you progress.

Um...

well it was supposed to demonstrate how simmilar the porportions are....

:tflaugh I know. I think it'll look cute. I hope you're as good at reshelling as Loki. :thumb

Actually i suck horrendously-

i was asked by both Guld and Wraitheverge to give them an idea of what i was trying for - and rather than PM'ing the links i just thought i would share with everyone.

Anyway - Hopefully one of them will pick up the project for me...

Or anyone else in the fandom...

good luck man, I'ev wanted to see a descent g1 BB alt bash for ages now.

Although this wont techaiclly be an alt bash. i think it could work.

I see how everything could potentiall work, but what are you going to do with the head for BB robot mode?  does he get the miss fortune of keeping that almode head problem????

Well my thought on it is that we would have to incorporate a "moon roof" into the VW.

This panel would flip back like the Mazda/Subaru Alts. do.  and if someone is clever - it could slide back some. Much like a regular Moon would.

I guess he would end up looking a little like G1-Skids in that department

WV- suggested that we could scratchbuild the head - but even a modified Crosswise would work. right?  i also suggested a modified RiD-Buldboy head.

maybe even one of the "Hot shot" heads?

The other trick is - there are large chrome fenders on the old beetles that will interfere with the feet flipping out - but then they can slide to the side possibley like Prowl or flip foward like Mustang's knees or Scion's ankels (though i think that looks lame).  WV also suggested detaching them and making them a weapon much like RiD X-Brawn.

For my part - i am not concerned with Realistic interior or the forcechip gimmick - but you guys may have better thoughts on this than i.

also what to do with BB's missing hand?  not sure about that one. but i would be happy with the cattle prod of doom if thats the only option (keep in mind too that if we get rid of the attachments then there is extra space in the hood for storage or TF-scheme.

Hunter

This is loosely my idea that would cover the head. However it woudl flip to the back rather than the the front.

I think the VW roof is rounded enough so that there will be space between RA's normal shoulders and the new shell to incorporate this into it.

post-4338-1134418924.jpg

Archived