G.I. Joe Vs Transformers IV

Big Grim

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, what makes me excited is that Tim Seeley is writing this one since he did such a great job with Art of War.

As interesting as the idea is, I'm not so sure the idea to mesh Unicron and Cobra-La will work out so well but then again Art of War was really, really done well. I mean Unicron has been overused as of late and Cobra-La was never a really popular idea in the Joe community but then again the people who are going to read this mini-series tend to like sci-fi more. I guess we will see. Anyone have a review yet?

Cobra-La was never a really popular idea in the Joe community

Pretenders were never really popular among TFans although if used properly they can be pretty cool. (like in Stormbringer)

Pretenders were an exclusive toy line that weren't the best...never seen in the US cartoons...so no one really knew who they were...but in the comics they got fleshed out to bhe badasses they are known for...

Cobra La were in the the GI Joe movie and basically totally screwed up the story (cobra commander no longer being human and such).

I agree Unicron's been overused, if you read my interview I pretty much called Tim out on that and he defended his decision pretty well I think.

Just got my issue, and its pretty good! So far I still like Ar t of War more but this story is still better compared to the other ones. This is more darker story and has alot of characters that usually don't get the time of day. It does give a very nice background story explaining as to why things are happening towards the end.

Pretenders with Cobra La...makes sense...bio shells for those who shun technology...Bludgeon kicks some tail...but I loved that Prime had the Axe

:thumb

I think this series is good. It has nods to both G.I. Joe's past (Joe Colton and Action Man) and death in the '90s (those aliens who get eaten by Unicron). I liked that Skids and Eject were in it as well. The Cobra La/Unicron connection works well too. This series can also please the Cobra La haters, since this Cobra La has no connection to the Cobra terrorist organization.

Archived