RISE.....LORD MEGATRON!

plowking

Looks awesome Plowking...when you said you were making Megatron...I first thought was that you made a mistake in typing...hahahha...but I forgot to ask you about that.

Your Megatron kicks ass...he really does look imposing.  If I was to make one though...I'd leave the doors on his shoulders, and try and figure out a way to hang a purple cape...to make him look like "king" of the Decepticons...hahaha

I imagine you just removed all of the white paint from the sides of the vehicle, and just left the pieces black...or did you paint them black?  How did the paint taketo the white paint on the roof piece?  Did you remove that paint first or just paint over it?

Whats the cannon made from, and where did you get the snazzy rims?

I'm so happy to see someone use the Prowl mold and do some serious changes...now I really feel inspired...

Thanks everyone.

As for the head, VP is right. Its a heavily modified Siverstreak head. I used Devcon plastic weld to build it up and reshape it. I actually got a repo Megs head from Lobo  :thumb but thanks to our postal system it arrived broken. I tried to fix it but Megs ended up looking like a retired boxer, so, I used that as a basis for resculpting Streaks head.

As for the wheels they come from a "rally sport" Volkswagon Beetle. If you think they stick out far now, you should have seen them when I first test fitted them.

I actuall removed all the white paint AND painted all the black pieces. Had to do it twice. The first time I didnt remove all the white and it ate thru the black. Everything that was painted with the nickel shimmer took just fine the first time around, don't get that one.

The cannon came from a cheapo G.I. Joe weapons pack. had to shorten it a little, it was way to long.

Looking forward to seeing your finished product Squall, glad I could help.

Archived