anything not g1 is a waste of plastic!

therevolutionishere

I completely agree that the current toylines (energon specifically) are too "rangerized". The influence of Power Rangers on the kids these days has been far reaching. I think both Takara and Hasbro are having to compete directly with Power Rangers and this is why they are pushing all the combinations and bulky megazordish figures.

I would say that their tendency to mega posability is partly fault of the Action Man figures. (At least from what I see here in Dutch toystores where there are huge loads of that mega GI joe #$#$#). Not sure how bad it is in the states with that.

As for the Energon names, I blaim that purely on Hasbro going haywire as their naming is way out of line with what Takara has given to the same figures. And most of the Takara names at least suit them.

gi joe is cheap, cool and the only thing hasbro does right these days

That's an idiot speaking, right there.

Armada was a best seller last year, and you all hated it.

What's the lesson? You are wrong, not Hasbro.

They're kids toys, this crap ain't made for you, fanboy.

Toy's aren't made for you IN GENERAL.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I really hate this topic for all the people that think they are the only authority on what makes a good transformer! or transformer series for that matter. I, for one, am glad that not everyone shares my opinion on Transformers. Im a G1 Fan. I love G1 and think that it was one of the best toy lines ever made. But im not going to flame somebody just because they disagree with my opinion. Each Transformer line has its good points and bad points. G1, for its time period, was very cool. Way better than Go-bots ever were. Compare G1 to Beast Wars however, and I believe Beast Wars blows it out of the water. Does it mean I like Beast Wars better than G1, Heck NO! The same can be said comparing G1 to other Transformer Generations. Just because one generation is better than the next isn't going to sway me from collecting the ones that I want to collect. G1 may not be the best Transformer line, but its the one I love and am going to collect. Everyone else should do the same. Respect other peoples opinions and realize not everyone is going to see things the way you do. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thankgod everyone doesn't see things the way I do.

Armada was a best seller last year, and you all hated it.

What's the lesson? You are wrong, not Hasbro.

They're kids toys, this crap ain't made for you, fanboy.

Toy's aren't made for you IN GENERAL.

As I say again, I only speak for what I saw in the Netherlands and that was only the first 2 waves of Armada toys. For example I never saw Unicron, repaints or any later Armada toys at all in any of the two main dutch toyshops Intertoys and Bart Smith. (TRU we have but it's in very few towns in the Netherlands). The only thing I see is two trays of Transformers, including half of them being 5€ robots that are non Transformers, on the other side I see complete walls full with Action Man and GI Joe. And I know both sell at the moment very well.

Archived