anything not g1 is a waste of plastic!

therevolutionishere

Except for Alternators these lines just keep on getting worse and worse. One reason I'm so damn angry is because I bought into the "Armada propaganda" that had plagued each and every board in 2002. I thought Armada was the grail and boy was I wrong. When the line ended I looked over my collection and literally began smashing the damn figures and then I built up an army a beautiful army of g1 warriors!!The best damn transformers ever!! I'm even about to go as far as to say that it's a disgrace that ARMADA, RID, AND ENERGON have the name Transformers in their title. Get rid of it and stoping insulting the names of past g1 figures with these new figures i.e. Mirage,Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime,Megatron etc...!! I can't find an absolute thing appealing in these reject toys. :tfmad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An opinion is an opinion; it's not like he's trying to convince us that G1 is Holy Grail, and everything else is a blasphemy of the name... that's just what he feels.

I only ask that rather than smashing up these figures, that perhaps he'd pass them onto people (like me) who would appreciate the hard work and effort put into designing them.

Oh, and perhaps somebody should introduce Mr. Revolution to something called G2, as well as the Beast lines, as he seems to have forgotten those exist.

Okay, why is Armada so bad? Is it the fact they're not articulated?

::Pokes one of my lovable G1 bricks::

Is it their designs?

::Looks at Arm. Screamer and then G1 Screamer::

What's wrong with Rodimus? Hell if R. Prime's toy was half as decent as the Energon incarnation, I wouldn't hate his whiney ass near as much.

You're welcome to your opinion here, but have an argument behind it.

1. No Spamming(*) - The random occurrence will be tolerated, but blatant spamming will not. If something is disliked, a reason should be given to back up the dislike.

*Pokes erm breaks leg of Armada Thundercracker* ;)

You want reasoning I will give you reasoning. It's very simple. I know toys just like anything are subjective. These toys are obviously designed for the 5-10 year old rage. When I look at them I dunno they just seem too "kiddish" like they should be in a playschool and not on display in a collection. These toys don't display well they are meant to be played with as how people used to play with toys when you were younger. Making scenarios up for them and smashing them up instead of staring at them on a shelf. No diecast, the colors are horrid and that's that.

I also already knew I was going to get these responses but what I'm really waiting for is for the "g1 purists" to come out and show some support. :clap

*Pokes erm breaks leg of Armada Thundercracker* ;)

You want reasoning I will give you reasoning. It's very simple. I know toys just like anything are subjective. These toys are obviously designed for the 5-10 year old rage. When I look at them I dunno they just seem too "kiddish" like they should be in a playschool and not on display in a collection. These toys don't display well they are meant to be played with as how people used to play with toys when you were younger. Making scenarios up for them and smashing them up instead of staring at them on a shelf. No diecast, the colors are horrid and that's that.

WAIT WAIT WAIT you mean toys are made for kids?! To play with?!? This is a most shocking development indeed!

So let me see here...you hate these new toys because they have play value? You want to know something? I personally think that, while G1 is great, these newer toys display a lot better because you can actually do some impressive posing with most of them.

Oh, and the colors are horrid on lots of G1 toys, too. and G1 stopped using die cast after a while, too. In fact, the later years of G1 are everything you hate about these new toylines.

Well... they're toys. They ARE made for a 5-11 range. Yanno, for kids to PLAY with. Hasbro makes it's money off of that, not collectors who display them.

Archived