Does Anyone Know of a Site for Collectors?

Optimus3000

Hey. I've got a massive amount of transformers, but no way to categorize the figures. I have folders with instruction manuals arranged by line and allegiance, but I have no way to categorize the figures themselves, or the figures without instructions or cards.

So I was hoping that there's a site out there that allows people to put in their figures one by one and give them an up-to-date tally of their figures and maybe even an estimate as to what the collection is worth. Hopefully, this service might even be free.

Does anyone know of such a site? Any help would be appreciated. I figured this would be an easier route to building my own site, as the whole intent is to share what I have with others.

Like peeron.com

? but for transformers?

It would be cool if this was rolled into TFU.info (perhaps partnered with them?) I am tired of going to ten sites for 1 pcs of info

Ever try categorizing by Series, then fraction then sub line

Example

Cybertron-Autobot-Earth

Energon-Autobot-Omnicon

Armada-Decepticon

I have to wait to get my collection back (in storage while I wait for our apartment to be done)

Sweet. Are you going to charge for it, or will you be making your money through other routes?

I am pretty sure that the plan was to make the collection tracker be free, but you have to log into the site of course. There was going to have an additional pay option that allowed you to see a price-guide, as well as bst through the site using an ebay like system, minus the money handling.

I beta tested a bunch of PHP CMS but to no avail. I will begin actual re-development on the site later this year. And so far I have been unsuccessful at trying to get other websites or companies (besides my webhost and a bunch of developers) interested in the project. It basically comes down to I can't do it on my own, and if I can't sell the idea, I won't be able to do it. I am still not entirely certain which tech I will use for it, but as time goes on it will be using .NET.

I had made a post about trying to get some people to help me a few months ago. A bunch of people offered to be forum moderators or help in translation, but to be realistic, those aren't the kind of positions that a site of this nature requires.

I have not fully decided on .NET. I am going to start using it at work but I will probably use ASP or PHP when the time comes. I don't have time to learn something new, or even PHP. I can do it in ASP but the server doesn't support it.

A "virtual collection" picture site would be cool! You could enter what TFs you have, the size of the shelf space you have/are planning, then arrange them at the click of a button. You could arrange them by series, by size class, by cartoon appearances, by repaints, in alphabetical order... the possibilities are endless! Maybe TFU.INFO could (apart from let Remy take their photos!) "cut-out" their TF pictures and knock something up.

As soon as I get my new PC I'm gonna start working on this with my own collection. I need to work out how to make 3D renders too.

Archived