To Open or Not to Open?

Donkeystyle

Are your TF's open or MISB?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Are your TF's open or MISB?

• All sealed, to preserve the value.
    • Whats the point in having one if you cant pose or transform him?
    • One of each, sealed for value and open for display/play.

:tflaugh

I don't collect them to sell them. I open them, transform them over and over again, pose and display them and if I like the mold alot, buy another one to customize! (ex. a white Armada supercon Prime = Ultra Magnus, a red Armada Wheejack = Sideswipe , a blue Armada powerlink Thrust = Dirge)

Though I would buy doubles if I had the money and I do have an extra RID Prime, Magnus and Scourge MISB... but that is just so that when my son gets old enough to appreciate how great these transformers are, I can give him his very own brand new ones! Transformers, bridging the generations. :beer

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, if you want to get something to LOOK at get some nice A grade anime cels. Buggers will cost you plenty... enough for three MIB Fortress Maximus! Sad I do know people who buy tons of them and you cannot even touch them out of fear of oil, damage and other harm that might befall it. Sigh, that is why I enjoy my bots, but I do buy more than one.

I have mixed feelings on this. But overall I lean towards opening them up - and that's what I have done with mine. But if I had the cash (ie. was rich), then ideally I would get a second copy of everything to keep MISB. One for the value and in case I want to sell it. Second and perhaps more importantly for in case one of my play/display toys breaks. :tfpuke

But I do keep the boxes and things, even though they take up a lot of space they help protect the TF's from dust and other people etc. :tfevil

• 3 months later...

HELLS YES :D I open em right up, even if I have the original already. Something about taking them out and putting on the stickers themselves is just so cool. I then rip out all the punch cards and put them in Optimus' binder.

-Turbine

Archived