The Decepticharge merge thread

Damnit Dog

seems most of the complaints.. are wiwth the ATL/hasb line.... does these follow over to the BT/Tak line as well???

so far, seem slike most of the complains i've seen on the BT/tak line are the newer BTA series - which everyone seems to say is degredation in quality???

(havn't seen them yet)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seems most of the complaints.. are wiwth the ATL/hasb line....   does these follow over to the BT/Tak line as well???

so far, seem slike most of the complains i've seen on the BT/tak line are the newer BTA series - which everyone seems to say is degredation in quality???

(havn't seen them yet)

The quality of my BT Prowls wasn't nearly as good as previous releases.  But the color matching problems people mention with regard to DC have occured with a couple of the BT releases as well (most notably both versions of Meister), it's especially annoying with BTA Sunstreaker because all the parts in question are painted.

I also got GF Soundwave recently and wasn't particularly impressed with the QC on him either.  I'm wondering if these are the first "fruits" of the Tomy merger.  Sigh...

seems most of the complaints.. are wiwth the ATL/hasb line....   does these follow over to the BT/Tak line as well???

(havn't seen them yet)

The Takara Mail away Decepticharge has mismatching color issues too.  :tflaugh

(havn't seen them yet)

The quality of my BT Prowls wasn't nearly as good as previous releases.  But the color matching problems people mention with regard to DC have occured with a couple of the BT releases as well (most notably both versions of Meister), it's especially annoying with BTA Sunstreaker because all the parts in question are painted.

I also got GF Soundwave recently and wasn't particularly impressed with the QC on him either.  I'm wondering if these are the first "fruits" of the Tomy merger.  Sigh...

When you make a comparison to previous releases.... do you mean of the same MOLDS... or are you referring to Prowler himself.. as in the 'batches' that are done and sent out??? If so, are you talking about attempting to avoid certain batches in order to get a 'better' figure?  If so, this becomes a 'see first hand' issue or are there ways to track this thru seriel series/date releases, etc??

Have seen a couple on the shelves recently round my way.  Bought the first one, others are sitting there. 

So should be pretty easy to find, scalpers be damned. 

Got prowl too.  Now need Skids or what ever they are going to call him, and would like a couple (gota make a red one)

The quality of my BT Prowls wasn't nearly as good as previous releases. 

When you make a comparison to previous releases.... do you mean of the same MOLDS... or are you referring to Prowler himself.. as in the 'batches' that are done and sent out???   If so, are you talking about attempting to avoid certain batches in order to get a 'better' figure?  If so, this becomes a 'see first hand' issue or are there ways to track this thru seriel series/date releases, etc??

I was comparing BT Prowl to the other BTs I have - not to other "batches" of Prowl.

I got both versions of Prowl.  The police version had overspray issues with the black/white paint on his front fender and there was glue smeared all over the inside of the passenger side window - while the driver side window wasn't glued in at all.  The blue version was missing paint on half of the rear bumper (the bumper is partially painted, which makes me wonder if the machine simply ran out of paint while it was doing mine), but since he's going to be in robot mode 99.9999% of the time it doesn't bother me too much.

These issues with Prowl are related more to Takara's slipping quality control than to problems with the mold itself - I'd say that QC-wise 90% of my other ones (I have them all) have been perfect.  (The lack of painted panels on most of the cars with metallic finishes I'd consider a "cost-cutting measure"-inspired design flaw and not a QC problem.)

I'd say that these issues are "see first hand" type things, but when you order on-line you get what you get.

Archived