TFC-21 Broadcast and C-00 Primus

ChemNerd

EVEN BETTER WOULD BE A NICE NEW JETFIRE. B

Neither Takara nor Hasbro own the mold for Jetfire. They licensed it from Bandai back in the day and the ressurgence of popularity in Valks means they're unlikely to ever get rights for it again.  Of all The Transformers made, it is probably the LEAST likely to be reissued

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
please dont reissue twincast as then it will start destroying rare items altogether, why not reissue shockwave instead

Neither Takara nor Hasbro designed that toy.  They may not own the licensing rights to it anymore.

I want Headmasters

Unicron is pretty accurate to the Movie version.  He can't be perfect, but he's pretty close.  Remember that original Unicron proto that came out a few years before this one.  That thing was awesome, but it was going to cost like $200 or something to own one.  I'm sure everyone here would have willingly paid.

I'm assuming you mean the one from Beast Wars Neo.  $200 seems unlikely, it wasn't that big. About 12 inches tall, and IIRC had no electronics.

Cost probably  WAS a factor tho. Since BW Neo wasn't running in America, perhaps Takara would have had to absorb a larger chunk of the cost.

What Takara/Hasbro REALLY ought to make is a (generally) cartoon-accurate version of Jetfire.  Not re-release the Valkyrie one.

I opened up my old G1 Blaster last night.  Fixed up his eject button.  Seems that the play button slipped off the metal spring-tab, and the plastic sliders for the eject mechanism was a bit worn down from age, resulting in too much friction.  Nothing like a good X-acto knife and some modelling sandpaper to fix it up.  ;)

EVEN BETTER WOULD BE A NICE NEW JETFIRE. B

Neither Takara nor Hasbro own the mold for Jetfire. They licensed it from Bandai back in the day and the ressurgence of popularity in Valks means they're unlikely to ever get rights for it again.  Of all The Transformers made, it is probably the LEAST likely to be reissued

There also was never a 'Jetfire' in the Japanese market. They'd see it as more than likely a cheap knock-off/wannabe Macross.

Still want to get ahold of one..  :redface

There was a custom made of SKYfire along with a custom G2 box (sorry if the direct link didn't work -- go to this page and click the first link which says "G2 Skyfire").  I could totally go for a Skyfire, and the new toy transformation sequence would be their own property.  Think they were just lazy before.  In fact, I think it'd be preferable to Jetfire anyway since there are no Skyfire toys.  For Jetfire, can just get any of the current Macross Valkyries and stick an Autobot symbol on him.

There was a custom made of SKYfire along with a custom G2 box.  I could totally go for a Skyfire, and the new toy transformation sequence would be their own property.  Think they were just lazy before.  In fact, I think it'd be preferable to Jetfire anyway since there are no Skyfire toys.  For Jetfire, can just get any of the current Macross Valkyries and stick an Autobot symbol on him.

Thats a pretty sweet custom right there

Archived