Galaxy Force & Cybertron Differences

echophonic

well the paint apps on the key are missong and the super mode wings are pinned in place on galaxy convoy but you can remove them on cybertron prime

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well the paint apps on the key are missong and the super mode wings are pinned in place on galaxy convoy but you can remove them on cybertron prime

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hardly a major difference...But i suppose it is a good thing

Don't have either, but did here C-Prime is missing a number of paint apps that GF-prime has.  However having the wings be removable probably makes him a little more like to survive falls and the like without breaking as badly as the wings will pop off without snapping.

Of course thats not so much a concern of a collector.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=80716

Seriously, what's not to like about the toy??

Also, the paint apps on his leg cannons in supermode are different.

Cybertron Optimus has an unneeded grey bar running along the top (ie. they didn't paint the top), where as Galaxy Convoy has it painted red.

Overall I think G Convoy is nicer, and if you can get it for a good comparable price I'd get it (it's the version I have :redface). But if you aren't a super picky collecter and you can get Cybertron Optimus a good deal cheaper, then there's nothing wrong with it. It's not like the difference between Energon Prime and Superlink Grand Convoy.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=80716

Seriously, what's not to like about the toy??

Cool link/thread. Very informative. :thumb Thanks for sharing.

Reguarding Optimus Prime, I have the Hasbro variation. There's no way I can spring for Takaras even if it slightly better and has more paint aps. Looking at the comparison pics though none of the missing paint aps are anything major and don't really detract from tthe toy in any way. The only ones I wish they would have kept are the rear wheels ans cab lights.

Having Prime for the better of the past month I have to honestly say he is deffinitely on of the better OP releases since Rid. Probably the only. Though Optimus is retailed as Leader class, without his armour and twin BFGs he stands about the same height as any Ultra classed figure. I only discovered this in the past week after I removed his accessory pack for the first time since displaying him and stood him next to Jetfire. Surprisingly Optimus displays just fine and looks characteristically even with all the other bots. Also I like the oversized gun Hasbro gave himand the fact he can hold it in any given pose without worry of it dropping.Hasbro not only took the time to give Optimus closing fingers but also molded pegs in either side of the gun's handle which match up with small holes inside both hands to give the gun extra support. It's little details and considerations like this which make Optimus easily worth the money. On a secondary note I wish they would've done sonething similar with 20th OPs hands and guns.

Reguarding the detachable wings. When I first heard Hasbro was going to do this I misunderstood it thinking they were refering to the whole side of the trailer with the wheels since the whole thing becomes a wing in Optimus's super mode as well as alt flight mode.As everyone already knows that whole section is pinned in place it's the smaller wings upfront which are detachable. If you can call them that. They're an absolut Starscream to get on but once they're on, they're solid and going nowhere unless you intentionally rip them off. As for falls, unless it's a really hard landing I can't see them snapping off but instead breaking or at the very least putting stress marks in the plastic.

Oh and though an unpainted cyberkey doesn't bother me much it really annoys me to no end why Hasbro would bother painting the majority of them and not not all. Especially in cases like Optimus, and Vector who have by far the coolest ones of any.   

Ah well that's enough from me. Hope you thouroghly enjoy this TF as much as I have.

Later :wave

Archived