Undermine

Ultimatetransfan

Ok, I said I was never going to get this guy on the grounds that his robot mode looked ass.  But I caved and figured I could always keep him in fin-raptor mode.

I was completely amazed.  This guy is nowhere near half as bad as people say.  Sure his head has no posability, but his robot mode has a sleekness to it I love.  The claw-armor that hangs in front is a great touch, as well as being able to keep his tail attached in bot mode.  I don't think I've ever seen a basic with such great leg articulationand his arms arent much to scoff at either.  I doesnt have hands per say, but he does have pincers and is able to hold his mace weapon.  The horn gimmick is pretty lame, so I won't go on about it, but it does give his head a nice accent in bot mode.

So in conclusion, Undermine is one of those toys that photographs really badly, like Energon Prime or Energon Ironhide.  Given the chance, I suggest you don't pass him up.

Definitely agree. He's leaps and bounds better than Saidos/uh... Backstop? The fat rhino guy anyway. One of the better Beast dino figs for quite a while, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

i have to say ive been amazed by every single basic in this set and i got this guy and hated it...hated it hated it hated it

then

i started fiddleing with him and got some sweet poses goin on and found a mistransformation that looks badass : flip his dino claws around all the way so the rest on his back as opposed to at his hips and his bot mode is instantly cooler than his dino mode

i wont be passing on any of the basics from this set

:pfx  with everyone above.

Also I just tried that arm mod yoshimivspr suggested. I had no idea that hinged piece that holds the arms could rotate as such. Loved it as is but now he looks a lot sleeker and less kibbly. Thanks. :clap

About the tou itself I knew I wanted him but wasn't expecting anything from him. How wrong I was to underestimate the overall coolness of the figure. He looks awsome in both molds, sports awsome Scourge esque leg articulation, ball joint arms that bend at the elbows rotate properly to the sides, and incredible colouring paint aps. Easily one of the best next to Breakdown, and Ransack IMO.

As a whole the Scouts have completely bown me away from there Energon counterparts, and are perhaps the must buys of the series.  :thumb

i would have bought him regardless. but after showing the homage of him to the allicon (i think thats the name.. theyre the other sharkticons from quintessa from tftm) i really want one. or two. or six.

It's the colors. The super duper loud Dinoshout (an appropriate name) is what turned me off. Luckily that was fixed. I saw Undermine in the store and my eyes didn't bleed. Coupled with my love for all things dino and it was a no brainer.

Yes he stays in raptor mode cause bot mode is sheer ass.

It's the colors. The super duper loud Dinoshout (an appropriate name) is what turned me off. Luckily that was fixed. I saw Undermine in the store and my eyes didn't bleed.

It's funny what a palette shift can do.  Undermine's bright green is a bit subdued compared to Dino Shout, but it's still pretty bright.  But Undermine's dark green helps offset that, whereas DS uses this weird pale green colour, that only serves to make the bright green look even brighter.

Archived