Glue's Empty Lot

Glue

Actually in Alaska Alts go for 25-30 depending on which store you hit.  So his prices there are actually pretty good to me.  In fact his Cybertron prices on that list are cheaper then what I pay up here. 

Reguardless, it is still scalping. He's marking up the prices 25% - 95% from the retail that they were sold at. He's got more than one of them and he's offering to get more. That's not allowed here.

Well, I appreciate the sentiment, tentagil, but I am and will continue to abide by all the rules here.  And Wheel-jack, I have cut my list down to only material I have for trade from my personal collection from the moment you first raised this issue (and yes, I do buy multiple items for my own personal collecting purposes).

I appreciate your currently working on a clearer policy.

But firstly, let me point out again: my Cybertrons were all at RETAIL + costs or LESS.  And all places at which I've bought them still have them aplenty.  I'll not be held responsible for what you are unable to find in other stores -- I do not run those stores or control their ordering.  My Alts (well, everything now) have been removed.  The only Alt I've had listed, since you first raised the issue, has been for personal trade, which is perfectly allowed by your own statement, and even this is removed as of this posting just so there's no confusion.

And I shall state, I have been a regularly posting member here, mostly in Toy Discussion, General, and Customs & Kitbashing, and have been since I first discovered the board a few months ago.

My offer was to help other members find TFs that they didn't have access to at the prices they were willing to pay.  Although I had mentioned seeing ones that appeared to be harder-to-find at the time, such as Leobreaker and Mudflap, I've generally been avoiding items that are harder to find expressly for the reason that others in the area may be looking for them.  I have multiple ones because I recalled multiple board members asking for anyone to get them one at well above my asking prices.

I understand, that as an admin, you don't want every online store or vendor showing up on the boards.  I made it available here because the people who asked for them were here, asked in the forums, and that this is a community of TF individuals they're more likely to trust.

And as RoseDog asked, people have been asking various finder fees that are higher than my $2 fee for Cybertrons.  Are those other sellers to be shut down as well for "overcharging" (since these fees barely begin to cover travel or time costs).

And as RoseDog asked, people have been asking various finder fees that are higher than my $2 fee for Cybertrons.  Are those other sellers to be shut down as well for "overcharging" (since these fees barely begin to cover travel or time costs).

No, they are not shut down, at least not that I know of and I'm one of them.  The most I've charged is $5 for my finder fee.

I also will hide/put on hold Alts. so that I can offer them up here to other TFans that really want them and not some unappreciating kid.

The people that buy them from me don't seem to mind.  The other local TFans don't complain about it (and there is more than one local TFans in my area).

The only problem I had with your sales was the $38+s/h, red box or not that's what I'd consider scalping.  But that was a problem I had kept to myself (until) now.  We had already gone through this at least once before with Alt. Deadend and I don't want to troll on other peoples sales, it can only make my offers look that much better.  :tflaugh

Yeah, I've generally gone on the rule that if someone else has a better price than me, then take the better offer by all means.  After all, the seller is not obligated to give away the price they paid for it, the seller is not obligated to tell everyone else where to get it for a better price (although I have already been doing this with little appreciation for my trouble), and neither is the buyer obligated to inform the seller that someone else is offering for a better price or that they'll lose the potential sale because of it.

I consider scalping to be someone taking the last Prowl that you could have gotten for $21 and then selling it back to you for $38.  I don't support it either.  And this was one of the reasons I had no intention of selling to anyone in my area.  Beyond this, it is still possible to find Prowl in my local area, to say nothing of finding it online now.  And all of my stuff has been taken off sale for now, so it is moot.

Archived