Ligerjack/Leobreaker

Ultimatetransfan

I can tell by the pictures that he looks like I would hate him. He represents everything that a Tranformer should not be in my small world.

Self knowledge is awesome!

In my own cramped vision he's actually pretty cool. And down bring down the armmode; I think it looks great.

What I mean is I don't like these new styled beast formers. I hate when the put molded fur on a transformer. In fact, I hate the very idea of fur on a transformer.

His head also looks a little silly to me.

I liked the 80's style beast alt modes (like Ravage and Predaking for example). They looked more imposing to me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think of the fur as Monofilament solar collectors:)  Inorder to keep up with the higher levels of energy use his body collects solar energy throug his mane to augment his energon supplies:)

:guh

...or I could just never buy a single one of them and than I will never have to make any excuss for a transformer having a hairy body.

proto breaker?

theres major differences between the release and the proto?

if so, please post some pix, if not please explain

thankss

Bill

Tons of differences.  From slight beast mode proportion differences, down to gimmicks (he had an extra set of blades that popped out of his shoulders, while he only had two blades on each arm - forming the show-accurate four-bladed claw, instead of the dumb looking six-bladed thing), and seemingly, a proper arm mode.  From the design sketches, it's apparent that he was always intended to form an arm mode similar to the one in the show, and the figure was even prototyped that way.  For some reason that still hasn't been revealed to the fandom (I guess nobody noticed or thought to ask at BotCon this year), the figure was considerably dumbed-down during production.

I'm trying to find the pic, now.  ASM had one during their SDCC coverage awhile back, and pics of the same design sheets were at BotCon this year, but I can't find any of them.

Well I like Leobreaker. I've only had him for a couple of days and I haven't really messed around with him that much but I just think he looks cool. I like him better than any of the kittybots from Beast Wars.

But the one thing I've never been crazy about at all is the arm mode. I think one of the big reasons why it's so bad is because it's just too frickin big. If he were deluxe sized then I think it would have looked a lot better, but they probably would have had a hard time putting in the connector and keeping it hidden in a deluxe figure.

The size of the arm doesn't bug me, it's a hugeass grappling fist, is what it is.  It just bugs me that they obviously went through a lot of trouble to design a figure that becomes a convincing arm, complete with fingers and everything, and for whatever reason, didn't release it as intended.  I'd still like to hear the story on that one, eventually.

Archived