Dark Fangwolf

Slagatron

So I got my Dark Fangwolf in the mail today and I am not really that impressed.

Beast/Wolf mode is pretty cool but the wolf head looks a little too "cartoonish" to me. It’s a little hard to take him serious. Overall, however, I really like it.

Bot mode is also pretty cool but the thing that really kills it for me is the lack of ability to move his beast arms jaw up and down without his dumb force chip (did I mention I really do not like this gimmick?). It would make all the difference if I could just move the jaw in any position I desired for those dynamic action poses.

The color scheme is a vast improvement over regular Wolfang’s (who I never got) white and blue but it looks a little too washed out for my taste. I wish they had used a richer, more saturated black.

The articulation is also kind of a bummer. I bought this guy without ever having the regular version (as I stated before) so I did not know what to expect. His arms and legs can be posed in a multitude of different positions but he has absolutely 0 waste articulation. :tdown

Overall I like him but not enough to justify the $40.00 something price tag. If you are not a huge fan of the Cybertron line, as I am not, I would not recommend this guy. If he were cheaper I could see picking him up but to me he is way over priced.

I guess I am just hard to please.

Really disappointed I missed out on this guy. He's not as sextastic as Dark Ligerjack, but he's still pretty awesome. I'm just gonna hope Hasbro does a dark repaint of their own, like they are of the red Exillion. Even if it's not the same, it'd still be nice.

I hope that they release a black repaint too. The only problem is this is not really a show character, it's really just a black repaint. He's still an Autobot as well. Oh well, at least we're going to get Nemesis Breaker.

I also don't think Takara will be too happy if Hasbro would "steal" all their exclusive repaints and have them released as mainstream items in Cybertron. It could kill its value a little.

For a deluxe Fangwolf doesn't look too bad. The dark variation does look more impressive than the blue/white, but I'll pass and go with the original once it's released. Also waste movement normally isn't a huge priority when it comes to Deluxe sized figures. So far from all the first wave deluxes I have Dirtboss is the only one with any waist rotation. Mainly because it's worked into his overall transformation scheme.

I'm not huge on repaints anyhow though I do really like the Nemesis Breaker colours. Leo will probably be one of the only molds in the line I'll pick up both variations of if able. :thumb

uhh what the hell is that blue thing?

Looks like a Japan release varient of Energon Divebomb. In Energon he's mostly white, and has green transparent pieces. That blue though is meh. :tdown

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act198/

Archived