Alternators Optimus Prime

Father Time

Is Alternators Optimus Prime a Good idea, or a Bad idea?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is Alternators Optimus Prime a Good idea, or a Bad idea?

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea
    • I'll refrain from formalizing an opinion until the final product is shown

Whelp, TFormers.com linked to Allspark.com with a VERY complete gallery of Optimus, including action poses and side by side size comparisons.

Some things that struck me:

1) This is, despite its Optimus nature, a VERY good, well-thought out transformation and such. If you look closely, you'll see they even braced his legs for some added strength in poses, despite their being essentially 2-sided hollow.

2) I didn't see a weapon. o.O

3) I still firmly believe that if this were anyone but Optimus, it'd work out much better. I mean, given the height in robot mode vs. overall size.. *shrugs* I just don't see Optimus in the mold. There is some optimistic things, however -- notice how his shins were pretty much a decorative plate? Yeah.. stuff like that can get replaced/remolded really easily.

I want this in Nemesis Prime mode. ;)

In the end, I'm firmly entrenched in believing that this mold was forced into being Optimus by the red color. After all -- red IS Dodge. Any time you picture a Dodge Ram, you picture it red first. Personally, I prefer black dodges over red ones.. But you know what I mean.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw today the pics at Allspark. I wish to change my vote: Prime is HORRIBLE! Mediocre, I have to say. They turned Prime into a junk. I my collection? Never mind.

I saw today the pics at Allspark. I wish to change my vote: Prime is HORRIBLE! Mediocre, I have to say. They turned Prime into a junk. I my collection? Never mind.

But you'll buy him, right? Because he IS Optimus Prime, and he IS a god to many TF fanatics (note sarcasm).

To be honest, I'm glad Alt Optimus Prime sucks ass. This is a good reminder that in the Transformers Universe, there are many, many other characters besides Optimus Prime. This isn't some Batman line where Batman is the main character so he gets a billion variations on his figure. The toy line is "Transformers," not "Optimus Prime."

I'm gonna get em. I love the Truck mode but the Bot mode is very disappointing. I just knew the leg would extend and he'd be taller. Such a big truck as short as a Skids. WTF

Archived