Re-issue Dinobot Giftset

Slagatron

They're people, not evil demons. I'm sure they would love to produce all kinds of cool stuff, but they do have limits to what they can do.

In a nutshell, thats exactly how I feel about hasbro.

I dunno.. personally I think they have the molds in waiting and just aren't planning a release yet. I'm not sure what's going to become of swoop though.. if it is broken.. That could be just hopeful thinking on my part. I mean one way or another, these guys would be a pretty good money maker. The Opportunity is always there as long as the TAK re-issue line holds out, which they seem to be doing okay.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd just like to see *new* Transformers that can become classics in time, instead of always pining for past releases. JMO

well if the shows charactors can stick into the childs mind then no matter how sucky the toy the charactor will be a classic in a few years time IMO noisemaze is a good example

I'd just like to see *new* Transformers that can become classics in time, instead of always pining for past releases. JMO

well if the shows charactors can stick into the childs mind then no matter how sucky the toy the charactor will be a classic in a few years time IMO noisemaze is a good example

That's true. I just don't see that happening as much these days. My son likes the new Transformers toys, but when it comes down to it, he could take it or leave it. I think that the various Optimus Primes we have are the only TFs he consistently plays with, just because he's such a well-known character.

That and the mini-cons...

That's true. I just don't see that happening as much these days. My son likes the new Transformers toys, but when it comes down to it, he could take it or leave it. I think that the various Optimus Primes we have are the only TFs he consistently plays with, just because he's such a well-known character.

That and the mini-cons...

I think G1 had something that you can not recreate. I also believe it was more popular with the youth of the 80’s than today’s Transformers are.

Madhammer I hear what you are saying. I would like to see a fully updated version of the Dinobots that would pwn the old ones (in my opinion Energon Grims and Swoop do not qualify) but they would never make me say “oh, now I don’t like the originals anymore.�

This goes back to the nostalgia factor for me, so I understand that what I am saying is purely a matter personal taste and not cannon.

Back to the Dinbots not being popular in Japan thing; I would like to add that the two staples of Japanese pop culture for the past 20 years have been Dinosaurs and Robots. So naturally one would think that a combination of the two, i.e. Dinobots, would be popular. Shows what I know…

well, i never believe TAK can release reissue giftset of dinobot. yep, mold its a problem, but they cant release all of them once. they wanna earn more $$.

i can predict if have dinobot, must be Jpn reissue not TFC...meantime, i can sure if have reissue dinobot, must have e-hobby stuffs, repaint diaclone color

well takara reissued predaking and star convoy so its not that crazy an idea. i also agree that thier has to bee more then one mold of each so they cant all be broke

idd like to see robot master style dinobots rather then reissues tho

yep, but if both have RM and G1 style, may be better than only reissue one.

btw, why crazy idea of reissue predaking? this guys are nearly most expensive one of G1 combiners

I think G1 had something that you can not recreate. I also believe it was more popular with the youth of the 80’s than today’s Transformers are.

I think what made G1 exciting (at least, from what I remember) was the novelty of it. Transforming robots that could "think and feel" was a new concept in the US at the time (come to think of it, it may have been new to Japan as well, given their bias towards non-sentient robots). It was exciting and there was a lot of buzz surrounding it... Plus, the toys were darn cool.

So clearly that's not recreatable today. But of course the culture is different today as well. Back in the Reagan-era 80's, the basic premise of good versus evil really resonated with kids. (Which is one reason why I think the 90's-produced Beast Wars/Machines are much less "black and white" -- they too reflect their time.) And "Transformers" happened to show up in the post-Star Wars void, between the Atari and Nintendo ages, through a stroke of luck. It was primed (no pun intended) to succeed.

Today it would have to be something different. In the 70's, it was Star Wars; in the 90's, it was Pokémon (like it or not); it can't be "transforming robots" again. It's been done.

I thought he meant he'd like to see more TFs that are classic-caliber.  If you look at the releases over the past few years, it's not hard to pick a few outstanding figures that will go on to reach classic status one day.  I'd like to see more of these.

Archived