Re-issue Dinobot Giftset

Slagatron

so what if the molds broke? honestly do the KO companies ues the orriginal molds? nope they cast them form existing toys......well most of the time any way. the point is that replicating the g1 dinobots would be easy and cheap.

Molds are expensive to make properly. KO companies cut corners wherever possible, first by not having to design anything, then by reverse engineering a cheap mold that may or may not

fit together correctly when the toy is completed, then by using low quality plastic, then finally by using cheap packaging.  If HasTak took this route to producing toys, they'd be strung up by the balls and beat about the head and face with a spiked baseball bat.

To think that Hasbro would intentionally deny themselves the chance to make money is ludicrous.

Um....LMH....

Have you been paying attention to Hasbro's marketing, or distribution practices at all lately???

:rofl

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they suck ..i want my dinobot gift set.the only reason that the dinobots where'nt popular in japan was because they where afraid of godzilla  :tfevil

The mold broke?

They don't have just one mold for each toy: think about it- if that were the case, it would take themn forever to manufacture enough toys. I think HasTak just doesn't want to spend the money retooling worn molds for another run.

LMH-

My point was (aside from being a smartass) that Has-Tak-Omy has been accused of Not catering to the collectors - catering to the collectors too much - not enough - half assed... whatever....

Re-creating a mold that already exists can NOT be more expensive than designing a brand new one from Scratch.

I would have to agree with Alpha and Omega in that - there has to be more than just ONE mold of these things laying around...

and clearly the Reissue line is Geared FOR collectors.... but IF that is the case then why are they doing it half-assed?

Why reissue Hoist and sell NO product when you could invest a couple dollars into Trailbreaker and sell a LOT of product??

All of these molds have already PAID for themselves well over and over.

so anything that Has-Tak-Omy sells at this point is PURE profit.....

That being said, there must be SOME reason why these figures are not being reproduced... Again some kind of serious acknowledgment of the fandom would kill most of the Starscreaming (their super expensive Fan-Mag doesnt seem to be addressing anything that the serious fans care about from what i hear).

But to ignore it - and keep spitting out Over priced figures like G1Hoist, G1Redalert, G1?Ricochet? while ignoring the fan faves... is stupid and ultimately will cost them (and TRU) more money than doing it right in the first place.

Hunter

Archived