Most disappointing TF toy?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Energon Shockblast - I'm all for homages, but this was a mediocre homage and a poor toy.  The tank sucked beyond all reason, the satellite was weak, and the bot mode was plagued by one arm that was merely poor, and one that had been mistakenly taken from some other toy, one that was heavy, unarticulated, twice as large, and green.  :tfpuke

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Armada Optimus Prime.

> The smokestaks popped off easily, although the idea of them to become gun was nice

> The super robot mode looked very weak: empty in the torso, the rigid "A" form legs, and the lateral panels of legs also popping out helplessly

> The minicon also used to split into pieces as you breathed over it.

I haven't had the sky fire linked version in my hands, but optimus alone was much of a dissapointment to me

Energon Shockblast - I'm all for homages, but this was a mediocre homage and a poor toy.  The tank sucked beyond all reason, the satellite was weak, and the bot mode was plagued by one arm that was merely poor, and one that had been mistakenly taken from some other toy, one that was heavy, unarticulated, twice as large, and green.  :tfpuke

I agree, E. Shockblast was pretty horrible. Ever notice that it looks like he is wearing high heels?

I have to go with Binaltech Prowl. Sure, there are worse Transformers but I do not expect as much from the child based lines as I do from Binaltechs. Prowl dissapoints me more than any other Transformer simply because what he could have been. Worst BT to date and the only one that I can say that I wish I never bought.

Armada Optimus Prime.

> The smokestaks popped off easily, although the idea of them to become gun was nice

> The super robot mode looked very weak: empty in the torso, the rigid "A" form legs, and the lateral panels of legs also popping out helplessly

> The minicon also used to split into pieces as you breathed over it.

I haven't had the sky fire linked version in my hands, but optimus alone was much of a dissapointment to me

Having Overload or any of his incarnations attached to A-Prime's shoulders makes a big difference, IMO, but he definitely could have been a lot better.

RID Omega Prime - It displays well, but it just falls apart if you so much as look at it for too long!

I was disappointed with G1 Hound & G1 Blitzwing. I didn't have (or even see) these as a kid, and although I don't expect miracles from G1, (I luv most of 'em - in all their blockiness!) I just don't like their bot-modes.

(Their alt-modes look okay though!)

How about adding which TFs you were LEAST disappointed with?

I actually liked E-Prime. I heard he was crap so I only got him cos he was on clearance, but I quite liked him.

i dunno. prolly something from bm. even though i loved bm, the scale of the toys really pissed me off. so... bm nightscream. i think thats my answer.

Many of the E autobots were a let down. I bought Cliffjumper based on the promo pics from Hasbro and when I got 'm I missed a lot of paint aps and was annoyed by the protruding knees.

I recently saw C: Optimus Prime and also disapointed with the look of that one. I already own the THS version and that one looked so much more beautiful. The colors of the full Cybertron version is rather plain looking IMO.

In short: many TF's look good in the promo pics released by Hasbro, but when you finally get them/see them for real, few can live up to the promo glory.

Archived