Most disappointing TF toy?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Unicron. Wasted potential. Still better than Beachballcron though.

Wow, I didn't think Unicron would've shown up on this list.  He's on my list of "most pleased with compared to the hype."

wow. youve never heard from the unicron haters? lucky you. theyre as mean as the "we hate bm" to lord madhammer. just check any thread about primus. they slam unicron like every second post. man i loved unicron. i got both versions and couldnt be happier with them.

Damn right. :clap  I have both as well, and though I love the Armada one for being true to the movie incarnation, the Energon one is the better of the two IMO. Absolute badass and though it's nearly the same identical toy there's something seeming more grown up about him than the Armada variation.

On topic. The only real dissapointment for me that ranks above all would be Energon Omega Supreme. For what I payed for him he should've been a hell of a lot better than he was. Though the missmatched colours were a big deal with a lot of people I honestly have to say that was the least of Omega's problems. In alt mode he literally looks like a couple of fisher Price toys. One that looks like it should go with Bob the Builder and the other that looks to be most fun in a bathtub. 

I don't absolutely hate Omega Suprme but for a Supreme sized figure Hasbro could've done a lot better than one sound effect, rwo missil launchers and a handfull of cheesy poorly designed gun turrets. Don't even get me started on how utterly worthless his one grabbing claw  or his other appendage whatever the hell it's supposed to be is. Energon Omega Supreme was basically a missed opportunity at something that could've been much greater. Especially when stacked up against the earler, far superior Unicron mode which was also in the same price point.

It's only after the utter loss of Omega Suprme, that I see no reason whatsoever to complain about the upcoming releases of Metroplex or Primus. As toys go they both look infinitely better, and well worth the suprme/leader price point IMO. :thumb 

let's see ......... ah here we are!

energon jetfire  this thing f'n sucks

cybertron jetfire    robot mode bites

alternator grimlock  car is plain and robot body blows, head looks cool though

energon starscream his scale is smaller then G1 that's no good.

energon optimus prime  unless combined with wing saber not worthy of being the man

G1 rodimus prime both modes are dispicable

my son mason's list

armada thrust

it suck's bad

armada galvotron

it has to much white on it

alternator ravage

it has to much guns on it

power master optimus prime

it has to much  plastic

The Energon Deluxe Autobots disappoint moi

as does Armarda Wheeljack (cool character just, doesn't do anything)

A Unicron. Wasted potential. Still better than Beachballcron though.

Wow, I didn't think Unicron would've shown up on this list.  He's on my list of "most pleased with compared to the hype."

wow. youve never heard from the unicron haters? lucky you. theyre as mean as the "we hate bm" to lord madhammer. just check any thread about primus. they slam unicron like every second post. man i loved unicron. i got both versions and couldnt be happier with them.

Damn right. :clap  I have both as well, and though I love the Armada one for being true to the movie incarnation, the Energon one is the better of the two IMO. Absolute badass and though it's nearly the same identical toy there's something seeming more grown up about him than the Armada variation.

i think it was due to the fact that energons unicron had a few more paint apps that brought out a little more of his scupting that went otherwise unoticed in armadas incarnation.

now i remember my most hated tf. armada prime. my pm op had more posability than that and it was made 20 years ago.

Honestly, once the hype died for unicron I kind of lost interest in it. I don't -hate- the guy, I just thought they could do a better job with it looking back. But that goes with armada in general. If you want another one I was disappointed with.. it was Sideswipe.. but in his case I knew I was buying a turd when I got him. So there's no surprize there.. and I don't feel he really counts. His carmode and flipaction thing rocks though.. which I felt like it saved him from total absolute disaster.

Question about the BW/BM Primals....

and i am not trying to be nasty because i like the shows but...

What good is a *Transformer* that turns from a bipedal humanoid to a bipedal hunched-humanoid???

I think that one of the main glitches in the design of Primal (as a toy concept)  has always been that he doesnt really transform at all.... People complain that megalo convoy is just bent over but - Thats ALL that primal does to transform... swap a head or something - deploy a missle or two

but his actual TF scheme on any other bot would be relegated to a simple force chip gimmick...

Hunter

true, that's a problem with any beastformer that resembles a human in any way..... Strangely enough, it bothers me with some beastformers and not others. For example, I don't like TM Cheetor re-using his cat legs for his robot legs, but I don't mind it with BM Cheetor.

At least BM Primal switches his arms and legs so there's something different going on...

Thats my problem with beastformers, period.  There's just not enough difference in any humanoid and beast form to warrant both of them on the same toy.  Keep either one or the other, and go for a vehicle mode, which brings on a whole slew of distinct advantages and qualities that a beast or bot mode wouldnt have.

Archived