Most disappointing TF toy?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Armada Super Optimus Prime. First of all, his regular mode uses more or less the same transformation as G2 Laser Optimus, and he ends up looking infinitly less cool. His trailer's "auto transforming" feature is a joke, has virtually no cool features unlocked by Sparkplug, and his supermode articulation is horrible. I can forgive the legs, but there's no good reason his arms are that bad. Particularly horrible because he came after RiD Omega Prime.

BM deluxe Primal is very crappy, I'm wishing he got released in those proto colours.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Energon Superion

Just not that great...

Gassssssssp!  Heretic!

Energon Superion

Just not that great...

Gassssssssp!  Heretic!

Heh. I love my Superion Maximus, too. IMO, he's by far the best of the three Energon combiners.

I beg to differ.  He lacks anything resembling hands, and neither of his limb sets can be mistransformed to have decent elbow articulation.  Of the three energon combiners Constructicon Maximus is by far the best, as you can put the cranes as legs thin enough to stand next to another and you can break the plows in the middle to give him in-bending elbow articuation.  Bruticus Maximus is in the middle, since you can put the tanks as arms with bendy-twisty elbows after you disconnect and fold back the treads, but the choppers make poor limbs, with the same fold-back-legs that wreck the jets in Superion M.  Compared to those two Superion M pales.

Question about the BW/BM Primals....

and i am not trying to be nasty because i like the shows but...

What good is a *Transformer* that turns from a bipedal humanoid to a bipedal hunched-humanoid???

I think that one of the main glitches in the design of Primal (as a toy concept)  has always been that he doesnt really transform at all.... People complain that megalo convoy is just bent over but - Thats ALL that primal does to transform... swap a head or something - deploy a missle or two

but his actual TF scheme on any other bot would be relegated to a simple force chip gimmick...

Hunter

Energon Superion

Just not that great...

Gassssssssp!  Heretic!

Heh. I love my Superion Maximus, too. IMO, he's by far the best of the three Energon combiners.

I beg to differ.  He lacks anything resembling hands, and neither of his limb sets can be mistransformed to have decent elbow articulation.  Of the three energon combiners Constructicon Maximus is by far the best, as you can put the cranes as legs thin enough to stand next to another and you can break the plows in the middle to give him in-bending elbow articuation.  Bruticus Maximus is in the middle, since you can put the tanks as arms with bendy-twisty elbows after you disconnect and fold back the treads, but the choppers make poor limbs, with the same fold-back-legs that wreck the jets in Superion M.  Compared to those two Superion M pales.

I got over my hatred of E-Combiners not haveing hands when the simple realization dawned on me:

These guys dont MERGE TO FORM SUPERION OR BRUTICUS -  so that they can go to tea parties or make houses out of playing cards...

they do it to SMASH!!

no real hands needed...

Hunter

I got over my hatred of E-Combiners not haveing hands when the simple realization dawned on me:

These guys dont MERGE TO FORM SUPERION OR BRUTICUS -  so that they can go to tea parties or make houses out of playing cards...

they do it to SMASH!!

no real hands needed...

Hunter

Granted, though if you follow that line too far you have to wonder why tanks, missle trucks, fighter jets and bombers and the like should be transforming into anything in the first place.  Anyway, the hands aren't the largest problem; I mean Constructicon Maximus isn't exactly going to be twiddling his thumbs either.  I'm mostly peeved by the total lack of mistransformable elbows and the inability to stand with legs together, when released at the same time are similar gestalts proving that it can, in fact, be done.

(And yes, I know that the guys who designed the other two gestalts didn't intend for them to have elbows either.  That didn't stop me from giving them them, though.)

Question about the BW/BM Primals....

and i am not trying to be nasty because i like the shows but...

What good is a *Transformer* that turns from a bipedal humanoid to a bipedal hunched-humanoid???

I think that one of the main glitches in the design of Primal (as a toy concept)  has always been that he doesnt really transform at all.... People complain that megalo convoy is just bent over but - Thats ALL that primal does to transform... swap a head or something - deploy a missle or two

but his actual TF scheme on any other bot would be relegated to a simple force chip gimmick...

Hunter

true, that's a problem with any beastformer that resembles a human in any way..... Strangely enough, it bothers me with some beastformers and not others. For example, I don't like TM Cheetor re-using his cat legs for his robot legs, but I don't mind it with BM Cheetor.

At least BM Primal switches his arms and legs so there's something different going on...

Armada Optimus Prime. When I found out the trailer transformed itself I couldn't wait to get some batteries. Then the Blot half worked.  :tfmad  Outside of that he is a pretty crappy figure anyway. I thought I fell into a G1 time rift. I'm like he has knees and hips but there worthless. I dont feel like going into it so I'll just say he is frustrating.

Archived