Next Series After Cybertron/Galaxy Force

trench

hmm, a toughie, a lot of Japanese cartoons are great but the TF ones of late suck big time, armada and energon were really lame, the last energon i saw had Fattimus Prime `killed` by starscream, get an infusion of energon, come back to life and then proceed to pull a huge honking gun from his `spark` WTF?? The Japanese mentality is often not totally `got` by westerners but the Japanese can understand our cartoons easily enough.

I guess it should be done in the US kinda like Megas XLR i.e. proper fighting. Oh and no kids at all unless they are being driven over by some decepticons ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like a good show.... period, i don't care who does it, but after watching some of the galaxy force subs, i have to say i'm really enjoying it thus far

a new tf from mainframe would be excellent, but id also like to see a new tf from some american producers, they are doing a good job on stuff like Megas XLR, so it shouldnt be that difficult to make a show where there are multiple good guy bots fighting off the baddies

And Energon also dismissed several key characters such as Red alert and Scavenger. Are we supposed to believe that Prime's most loyal soldiers and friends are suddenly gone?

Actually it was said somewhere that the bots that were ignored in Energon would return in cybertron. They were off taking care of some business for prime or something.

But we have already seen the toy for the new red alert, now just have to wait for smokescreen, scavenger, sideswipe, and Wheeljack.

I know there is already a toy with the G1 blurr head, but it is unlikely that this will be the same character as seen in Armada.

As for mainframe and the next transformers cartoon, I think they need to do a continuation of Beast wars. The transtech idea was well thought out, I was just doubtfull about the toys. The sketchs looked amazing, but there didnt seem to be alot of transferability to a toy idea.

I think Mainframe is the best guys for the job, let them make a prequel to Beast Wars or a War Within style show. Hell they could go back and just use the old stories and just give them new CGI 3-D looks.

The difference between good anime and bad anime. And this is for anime with actual story lines.... :)

Good = stories that barely move but are still entertaining, or plots that span many episodes and other plots that are mixed in. Popular examples: Gundam Wing, Wolf's Rain, etc.

Bad = stories that have self contained episodes. I understand that this was how Transformers started but it needs to evolve. By Self contained episodes I mean stories that start and finish in each episode or multi-part episodes.

The only good use of the "good" style that I noted that I can remember was probably Beast Wars Season 3. I might almost say Beast Machines, but it wasn't fluid enough, and a lot of things happened way too quickly.

Now I know that Gonzo has made some great animes in the past, but for some reason, they market Transformers as a kid's anime. With the large amount of adult anime out there, I would like to see the people in Japan make an adult Transformers series, and then also make a children aimed one as well. Hell, let Takara make the adult one and make Hasbro make the child one.

I voted for Mainframe and transtech, but if Cybertron is better than I'm expecting it to be, I may change my mind. If Mainframe's not interested, a US produced one would be nice.

Yes the BW writers and Mainframe should make Transtech, get's my vote. Hasbro is in the U.S, Takara is in Japan. It be fasted just to have both sides do their own shows and toys.

The difference between good anime and bad anime. And this is for anime with actual story lines.... :)

Good = stories that barely move but are still entertaining, or plots that span many episodes and other plots that are mixed in. Popular examples: Gundam Wing, Wolf's Rain, etc.

Bad = stories that have self contained episodes. I understand that this was how Transformers started but it needs to evolve. By Self contained episodes I mean stories that start and finish in each episode or multi-part episodes.

Good = barely moving plot? I disagree. Bad = self-contained episodes? Not necessarily so.

A good show has a balance of a plot that moves along through the season and also some self-contained episodes. "X-Files" and "Babylon 5" are two good examples.

"X-Files" had two basic types of episodes: conspiracy episodes relating to the overarching plot, and self-contained monster or freak episodes about some mutant or paranormal whatchamacallit. Howard Gordon, co-executive producer for the show, recalled, "Somebody told me very early on that the idea of episodic television is to give the audience the pilot episode again and again and again. Which isn't necessarily true, but it's not entirely wrong either.

"Babylon 5," according to IGN.com "managed to be more on-target than off. Most of B5's unevenness can be found in the first season, when "bottle" shows (stand-alone episodes that use existing sets and limited effects work in order to keep budgets down) were the norm, and the arc that would eventually propel the series forward like a freight train was still only hinted at as a gathering storm. Seasons two through four were the meat of the story (the arrival and waging of the Shadow War), while the final season provided a coda for the characters and the universe they had inhabited for 5 very turbulent (and memorable) years."

Babylon 5 and X-Files had stand-alone episodes peppered throughout their runs, giving pause to the major story arc. Babylon 5's plot moved more quickly than did that of the X-Files, but the former had the advantage of the entire 5-year run being written in advance before filming of the first episode ever began.

After years of japanese series with boring storylines (I stopped watching the toons in total.) it's US time again. With actual writers and not a bunch of untalented hacks who keep trying to re-write 1986 in to something kids today are supposed to like.

Oh, and I didn't bother to read to above posts. Seems like everyone got on a soapbox today, 'eh?

Archived