Cybertron shelfwarmes

trench

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Early on when Cybertron started showing up at  TRU they all seemed to be selling pretty well, although if you weren't checking as often as I was then you might assume they weren't selling that well because they were actually restocking them a lot.

Primes were flying off the shelves as were Scourges and everything got restocked at least 3 or 4 times in the first couple of weeks. They slowly trickled into Walmarts and finally Target and they haven't sold quite as well there as they initially did at TRU, but they have been selling.

Of course now things are starting to calm down quite a bit and there are a lot of the same figures "clogging" the shelves and pegs. But considering only a handful of new figures have came out since the first wave (packed with a bunch of the same figures that have already been out) then it's easy to get the impression that they're not selling as well when in all honesty they could be selling and being quickly restocked and people just assume that they're all clogging up.

:pfx

I agree completely here - I think its WAY too early to be discussing Shelfwarmers

the 3 TRU's that I frequent seem to be constantly revolving and there is always ONE Slt sitting around but its always a diff alt - so i know that THEY are also being sold and restocked

My Targets - count them 5 - do seem to move slower than the TRU but still moves...

Swindle seems to be the ULTIMATE shelfwarmer of all time here.... but Cybertron is doing well.

Hunter

I just finished going through every toy related store in all of Winnipeg and the most stock i saw was in TRU. Absolutely everything was in abundance with the exception of Optimas Prime. I finally came across two Optimus Primes in a Walmart in the North end. I of course bought one of them. :thumb I'm going to hold off on Megatron because I imagine he should be fairly easy to find next time around. He's warming shelves absolutely everywhere along with Supersized Starscream.  :tfmad

I just finished going through every toy related store in all of Winnipeg and the most stock i saw was in TRU. Absolutely everything was in abundance with the exception of Optimas Prime. I finally came across two Optimus Primes in a Walmart in the North end. I of course bought one of them. :thumb I'm going to hold off on Megatron because I imagine he should be fairly easy to find next time around. He's warming shelves absolutely everywhere along with Supersized Starscream.  :tfmad

The TRU's had the most stock in my area, but it was Walmart and Target that had the newer ones in like Override and Dark Scorponok.

I have yet to see anything past Red alert, and the Scouts but I'm sure it won't be long. :thumb

currently here we got lotsa starscreams and scouts. some voyagers to. the leader, deluxes and whatever class jetfire is moves pretty quick tho.

Stores are pretty badly stocked here. One store even had 6 Overhauls!  :wtf 

Now that is a shelfwarmer. I am thinking Dark Scorponok might be a shelfwarmer as he is basically the same toy as Energon Scorponok and he sucked.

I can understand that the bright colors might put people off when it comes to Dirt Boss but he is actually an excellent Transformer.

I have not seen Red alert, Override, Clocker or Hardtop though. Darn, I want my Override.  :tfmad

Archived