tf movie merchandising

Kurosaki Ichigo

alright, we all know that the new movie hopefully coming out will be including and based upon old characters and possibly set in the 80's. now the question is, how do they plan on merchandising this movie. how do you feel they should do it? should there be no figures and go with the "it's based on the original, so we don't need to redo it" or "new movie, same characters, better figures based on original"? or do you have your own opinion?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the NEW TF movie I think better figures based on original TF is a good idea. Since, the original TF figures had very little morement in robot. :thumb

Right on. Alternator-ize 'em, I say. But, keep the size close to the originals so that the price won't be quite so high.

Sadly enough Tailz is right...

I think that keeping in line with BT/Alternators would be a great idea. They look real in alt mode yet they have G1 like appearances in Robot mode.

So for the cars and Prime just shrink em a bit for cost sakes but stay with the ideals of BT/Alternators/Masterpiece.

My only concerns are Soundwave, Megatron and the Seekers.... lol the Decepticons. Size will be an issue for Soundwave and the Seekers (they're big jets. hmmm doesn't get simpler than that) and Megs is a gun! It'll have to be an impressive alt mode to make me interested.

Well, the problem with alternators IS one of scale. A seeker would tower over an Autotbot car. And if they're gonna license the movie at all (probably a safe bet, it's money in the bank), Megatron WON'T be a gun in the flick.

I hope the Live Action film gets its own line...updated versions of classic characters we may not see in something like Energon.

Scale isn't as important as a cool movie accurate figure to me.

Archived