Sellers in Asia

speedcake

I've ordered many times from Hong Kong, but only dvd's.  The shipping

on my stuff is about 30 days but the items show up ok.  The only problem I've had is asking them a question.  In my experiences, they

usually don't respond.  Otherwise, every item has shown up in good condition as described.

I've dealt once with a seller from eBay (Ministry of Toys) for my MIB Deszaras and the service was great!  I've heard other people have problems with the same seller so I dunno.  Also dealt with (twice) various sellers from Hong Kong and didn't have any problems there.  Then again, all the things I've bought were never reissued or have any known bootlegs.

Watch out for the shipping.  Sometimes it'll kill ya!  Packages coming from abroad are subject to searches.  Make sure you get insurance on anything you get from overseas of value because you never know what can happen.

If you're looking for video games or soundtracks, there are a ton of bootlegs out there and the seller may not be reputable enough to be honest (or even know about it) so be careful in these departments.  As for TFs, with the recent reissue/bootleg surge you might want to tread a bit more carefully as well.  Good luck!

uh,really. i see he(MOT) have a MIB deszaras now, im plan to buy it...haha.i think MOT have good service

This is hilarious, because I have a friend who lives in Hong Kong that asked me whether or not sellers in North America are trustworthy or not. He had friends that bought some Magic cards from the US and they turned out to be counterfeits.  You can't really look at a region in the world and generalize if they are trustworthy sellers or not. I wouldn't validate the mentality that you "don't buy from China" or "don't buy from Hong Kong." I had some pretty crappy seller that I've dealt with from Japan and Singapore in the past, too.

To be honest, I don't trust the feedback system they have at eBay either. My advice is the same as Bainreese - buy small, then buy big.

This is hilarious, because I have a friend who lives in Hong Kong that asked me whether or not sellers in North America are trustworthy or not. He had friends that bought some Magic cards from the US and they turned out to be counterfeits.  You can't really look at a region in the world and generalize if they are trustworthy sellers or not. I wouldn't validate the mentality that you "don't buy from China" or "don't buy from Hong Kong." I had some pretty crappy seller that I've dealt with from Japan and Singapore in the past, too.

I guess you can't trust people no matter where you are!

Most of my eBay dealings have been positive but I always check the feedback first. If it is overall positive then I buy.

Naturally it is wise to inquire about the price as well.  :thumb

My advice would be: phone your credit card company.

I was looking at buying a big lot from a seller. If things go pear-shaped, PayPal are hard to deal with. So I phoned my CC co. and explained the situation. They basically told me:

"As long as you've got an invoice stating what you've purchased, and when it's due to arrive. If it doesn't come within that time, we will re-credit the money to your account."

I told them it would be via PayPal, and they said: "We'll give you your money back, and try to claim it back from PayPal for ourselves. That's why you pay your interest, ALL internet purchases are covered."

I've heard this can p**s PayPal off, but I've had no comebacks from having to do it twice. They're a big company, so f**k 'em!

So, in a nutshell, phone your credit card company & you should be able to get yourself covered.

Take a chance - life's too short!

I was more concerned about getting fakes instead of authentic items, wasn't really thinking so much about getting ripped off in other ways as those things are likely to happen anywhere. I guess I just assumed I'd run a bigger risk of getting a fake if ordering from certain Asian based sellers since they are more readily available over there.

Thanks for all the responses so far!

Archived