Reissue Predaking

Slagatron

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my suggestion is simple

pass on him.

i paid $170.00 for a PERFECT GRADE GUNDAM! any Gundam fans here know that those models are easily very expensive and impressive kits.

my point is this. Predaking is one kickass combiner. but he's grossly overpriced. the toy, itself, should only cost, oh, $50.00. the apparent bullBlot reasoning for the price is because the individual bots are worth $10.00 and they said they're valuable and jacked the price to $30.00, which totally is not what they're worth. i've been saying this for years about value and pricing. true value should NOT determine the selling price. if you have some rare trading card worth hundreds of dollars, good for you. but who in their right mind would actually BUY it? Predaking is not worth that insane price. so i say go and keep that $170.00 and spend it on stuff that's actually worth it. you know how many Cybertron figures you could get with that money?

$170.00 could get you:

-Prime

-Megs

-Screamer

-Vector

-Crumplezone

i'd rather pay $170.00 for all that than a single combiner than can barely pose

but hey, that's just MY opinion

You are right that certain criteria like complexity of engineering and quality of plastic adds to the "value" of an item.  I mean, if you look at just engineering alone, the cybertron toys hands down beats out a Predaking which was created 20 years ago.  Value could also be measured by its market worth.  A MISB G1 Prime can't hold a stick to a 20th anni prime if you go by impressiveness of engineering.  But as everyone knows, a MISB G1 Prime are worth so much more than a 20th prime.  But those criteria alone don't define value.  It may for some people but not others.  The joy and excitement a certain item brings to a person also adds value to said item.  This aspect of value of course differs from person to person which is why what is liked by one person may be dispised by another.  And I think this latter criteria is sometimes more important than the money or quality.  And for this latter reason, I would prefer a G1 Predaking over the 5 or so cybertron figures.  I have G1 Predaking, Alts, and some cybertron stuff on display currently.  When more cool items come along like cybertron Primus.  I'll have to put away some stuff to clear some room.  Guess what, my cybertron stuff will go in a box, but my G1 Predaking will remain there, on the top shelf, in its one pose.

you are a smart person. and you're absolutely correct. if i knew what G1 was when i was 5, i may have seen more truth in PRedaking's price or rather be more willing to pay it because hey, i knew this guy back in the day and he may bring back memories as well as make you feel young again. i think that's the intended idea with G1 reissues. and to those who grew up with it, it sells well. but i can't see myself buying this.

if Predaking is what you want or like, then go for it. i'm sorry to say i will not be buying one at that price. but i'm not going to stop anyone else from buying one.

and i'm sure as hell not getting that devy either. he can't transform or move. he isnt masterpeice at all

you are a smart person. and you're absolutely correct. if i knew what G1 was when i was 5, i may have seen more truth in PRedaking's price or rather be more willing to pay it because hey, i knew this guy back in the day and he may bring back memories as well as make you feel young again. i think that's the intended idea with G1 reissues. and to those who grew up with it, it sells well. but i can't see myself buying this.

if Predaking is what you want or like, then go for it. i'm sorry to say i will not be buying one at that price. but i'm not going to stop anyone else from buying one.

and i'm sure as hell not getting that devy either. he can't transform or move. he isnt masterpeice at all

Yes, the main draw for reissues are the memories and nostalgia.  But one can also appreciate engineering of some of the G1 toys.  It was pretty advance for its time.  Devastator is ranked by me as one of the top combiners because of the fact that it was a six member combiner.  Not rocket science mind you but still pretty innovative.  Predaking sticks with the tried and true 5 member combiner, but I think it at least had all of its 5 members be the same size.  But I think its main draw and why it ranks over many other combiners is its size.  But again, the main draw are the memories and nostalgia.  If you didn't grow up with it, then you may not like it as much.  You may be better off getting stuff from the Cybertron line.

BTW, Noriko, is that the Palisades Devastator statue?

well, i like some of the G1 stuff anyway. i have a bootleg Superion and i have to say he's a great combiner. i'd get predaking if i could find a decent bootleg of him to get around that sick price.

also, devy really amazed me when i first saw him. and i saw him about the time energon was being aired. so he's still a great combiner.

Predaking is the most expesive TF in my collection, and he's worth every penny. He doesn't have much "play-value" compared to modern TF's, but he looks AWESOME on my shelf!

Archived