Cybertron Red Alert - WOW!

Hunter Rose

Found Red alert in Target on my Lunch break today-

Altmode - simple kinda emergency vehice going here.  nothing really 'splaining what he does - ambulance? fire cheif? police? but i kinda get a Robocop mixed with Ghostbusters but for kids feel for him. Nice and clean -

his force chip gimmick is cool pops out guns from the back (the rear panels actualy spring out allowing the cannons to move forward) - they could be guns or fire hoses. I dont know....

"hose him down Egon!"

my only real complaint here is his HEAD IN ALT MODE syndrome.  a friend of mine said that this is the trend in Japanese Mech right now - and its obviously the case in Cybertron since nearly every single figure suffers from it.  Red benefits because his head ALMOST looks like part of the light bar -- but it really almost kinda looks like his head is poking out of the roof too.

Robot Mode:

A nifty and fairly easy (not to be confused with simple) transformation takes us to a nicely porportioned Robot mode.  the TF scheme is not one i have ever seen before but it reminds me of Cy-Prime because its not simple but it is easy. Every step is a quiet little discovery that leads you to the next logical step -so you are constantly going Oh wow! and never - well where the hell does this go?

I can see myself going back and forth with this guy for hours like an idiot... just giggling and drooling on myself.

His Deluxe size also helps him in both modes as its small enough to make the detail and the simplicity work for it - as opposed to Armada alert - where in the SIZE of his ginormous ass made him look like a Duplo block.  the asthetic design is essentially the same but is so much better at this size than the larger.

his left arm is a blaster/stub that can attach either to a claw or hammer.

these are lovingly stored in his shin gaurds/hood.  I like his stubb, and i like his hammer of doom! the claw is meh but i suppose its usefull when he needs to CLAMP something... (Hey Red - come hold this for me while the glue dries - kthx)

But lots of play value here!!  He has reasonable Articulation - but his kibble seems to get in the way a little - still nothing to complain about.

The Force chip gimmick releases the same cannons which now pop up over his sholders.  This is nicely and cleanly done although the cannons are a bit anemic at in this mode.  its not bad though.... but i see them as much more impressive when used in Car mode.

one flaw i actually kinda like: His legs are actually split into two parts (think a reverse General Grevious) and mine at least dont like to stay together very well.

thats ok with me though - cause i really kinda like him with four legs... gives him an almost Spidery/Centaur look! neatio!

comes with an Earth key

Speedia Map (why not an earth map??)

and his crossell is Override which i also saw but passed on....

His little bio make him seem almost like a cross between Prowl and Red alert - but then i really havent been following the Armada/Energon characters much.

Really nice figure here - the Deluxes in Cybertron are really nice and proving to be full of gems.

over all and since people seem to like scores:

i give him: 9/10  (mostly hampered by the head in altmode syndrome) but damn near perfect for fig of this size and price point

Hunter

i concur with this 100%

the transformation is so new and cool... totally blew me away

except my red alert's legs snap together just fine :P

Speedia Map (why not an earth map??)

The maps are like the comics from Armada/Energon.  New maps will become available as the line progresses, so Earth or whatever will be in the official "Wave 2" figures (since I guess Override and Red alert are Wave 1.5).

Well, I got GF First Aid, but I need/want a Cyb. Red alert, I hear the figure has the gold panel paint apps on his shoulders the GF version didn't have.  I also need a new one because the legs on mine are kind of farked up and I tried fixing it, but it only made it slightly worse (slightly because he can still transform fine and work fine, but it's a little funky).

There appears to be a common problem with certain Red alert's legs not snapping together well. So when I went looking yesterday I had to decide between the two they had and hoping I made the right decision...

Which I did  :thumb

Archived